Logan's Run 2018 is back on - Nov 1st-4th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

seeing JR mudder riding on the roof rack like that makes biscuit look even bigger ! :D

upload_2018-11-5_7-49-17.jpeg

Glad that we were able to make it out to the new venue, great spot! There seems to be a great amount of potential in this venue. It was good to see some old friends and catch up with them. I saw far more new faces than old faces, hard to get to know folks when we blow in and out in a matter of several hours. Heather and I both look forward to actually starting to camp out at events now that we have tightened things up at home so that all our animals are contained and it is easy for farm sitter to handle them. Now all I have to do is swap Heather's truck and get camping trailer situated :)

Had an awesome time this weekend. Thanks to everybody that made it happen and helped me look after my crew. I think my my oldest looks forward to these events more than I do. Looking forward to the Christmas party. Of course I never take enough photos but here are a few.

View attachment 1824802

Caught @jrmudder92 hiking a leg and earning his FLEXUS tag.

View attachment 1824814

Nothing a Zip tie trail fix can't handle.

View attachment 1824804

Also not sure how he got there but I Found this guy hanging out back after I got home.

View attachment 1824805

View attachment 1824816

His twin brother mysteriously came to live on Bonnies back glass as well.
Catawba do you suppose, some way their reincarnations system works?

Or a curse for despoiling sacred grounds?

Nice to run into y’all. Later in the afternoon I went back to do that long dug out rock section on slab pile or sawmill a pretty stock Jeep unlimited had rolled over in the shute going down hill. Jammed that area up pretty good while they pulled that vehicle out. Didn’t really damage the Jeep. It just would restart after being up on its side

Thanks for the help too

173CD91E-4EFA-4D83-86BA-395179CCAF96.jpeg

8980B50B-547A-4A55-805E-DC9858575CBE.jpeg

Outstanding event and great time. The forest trails do need some recovery time after the last couple hurricanes.

Another successful ONSC event that I was proud to participate in. It was a great way to unknowingly try out all the pork recipes I had for my dutch ovens. Every meal except the Clemson Orange Camp Chicken was a pork product. Sodium be damned!!

Never had the privilege of wrenching with Logan or seeing his excitement get everyone moving but if the people I met (and saw again) are any indication, he is alive and well in your memories. Keep this pace up and even Shadowlands will be a small venue!

Travis.

My favorite event of the year, so thankful for every single person that put in the hours and dedication to make it happen. Florence can't stop us, just delay us slightly...
From the very short period of time I spent at the venue, it seemed wonderful. Here is to hoping we can plan future events there.

Someone can probably explain in better detail than I can, so I'm just gonna attach the pictures and someone else can post a play by play.. ( I would miss a few names and i was there)
Thank you @erymer for letting us borrow your buddy heater. Thank you all for supplying us with a pan of food to take back. Thank you @JohnVee for putting your buddy heater in the spare room at camp to warm us all back up. Thank you Anderson for letting us borrow off of your axle to save us all about 12 more hours of limping it off the trail. Thank you @Fort Knox for offering to go get the part taken off the "new axle" so we could go pick it up once we got the truck down to "level" ground. Thank you Stacy and Eric for making sure we had everything we needed and not letting us be forgotten. The picture time stamp says 2:49pm when it broke. We pulled back into camp just after 11 pm.
IMG_3129.JPG
IMG_7972.JPG
IMG_9127.JPG
IMG_0841.JPG
IMG_8189.JPG

Last edited:
^^ Wow!!

I was only there for a couple hours, but loved getting to see a lot of folks.

Really appreciate all the hard work everyone put into it. Thanks for keeping my shirts handy and for everything else, @erymer and Stacy and everyone else that works so hard to put these deals on.

My favorite event of the year, so thankful for every single person that put in the hours and dedication to make it happen. Florence can't stop us, just delay us slightly...
From the very short period of time I spent at the venue, it seemed wonderful. Here is to hoping we can plan future events there.

Someone can probably explain in better detail than I can, so I'm just gonna attach the pictures and someone else can post a play by play.. ( I would miss a few names and i was there)
Thank you @erymer for letting us borrow your buddy heater. Thank you all for supplying us with a pan of food to take back. Thank you @JohnVee for putting your buddy heater in the spare room at camp to warm us all back up. Thank you Anderson for letting us borrow off of your axle to save us all about 12 more hours of limping it off the trail. Thank you @Fort Knox for offering to go get the part taken off the "new axle" so we could go pick it up once we got the truck down to "level" ground. Thank you Stacy and Eric for making sure we had everything we needed and not letting us be forgotten. The picture time stamp says 2:49pm when it broke. We pulled back into camp just after 11 pm.
View attachment 1825410 View attachment 1825411 View attachment 1825412 View attachment 1825413 View attachment 1825414
Huh! Those tires aren't supposed to point that way at the same time.

This was my first trip with the club and dispite the failure my dad, wife and I had a great time.

Thanks for all those who helped on and off the trail supporting the effort to get my LX 450 mobile again. I can't thank you all enough. Hopefully I can make it up.

The people working in the background to gather food, heat and spare knuckle(key part) provided all the encouragement to continue.

While I had intended to fix a few last items and drive it back home to Gastonia in the end I called AAA and had it towed home to work on it under more relaxed conditions.

Anderson please ping me on your knuckle housing so I can get it back to you.

Thanks

John Larkin

20181104_112116.jpg

john, did AAA charge you extra because of the larger tires? some members here had been scammed by the towing services.
and glad you all had a good time, I am sure better times are to be had in the future...welcome to the family

All 4 lower trunnion studs snapped off on the passenger knuckle.

That be it. Rigged it up with some paracord. Was able to get it off the hill.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom