Local Businesses used for......... (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Getting ready to build a barn. Approx 60x40, something like this. Looking for recommendations for:
  • Grading/excavation, site prep work
  • Concrete
  • Metal building suppliers
  • Contractors for erecting building
barn.png

So im looking for a reputable shop to install ECGS CLAMSHELL BUSHING (ELIMINATES NEEDLE BEARING)
I ended up buying the whole shebang from ECGS to do myself, but the nerve pain in my back has gotten worse . I've been on short term disability since February.

First Class Halt said no, its not OEM piece, Trollhole has a waiting list.

Its my only vehicle.

Tkx
Ben

So im looking for a reputable shop to install ECGS CLAMSHELL BUSHING (ELIMINATES NEEDLE BEARING)
I ended up buying the whole shebang from ECGS to do myself, but the nerve pain in my back has gotten worse . I've been on short term disability since February.

First Class Halt said no, its not OEM piece, Trollhole has a waiting list.

Its my only vehicle.

Tkx
Ben
I think this is something Jim Smola does. Let me know if interested and I can connect you.

Call James at Killian Auto Repair in Fountain Inn. They have 3 shops and he will know if they have experience with these. Also, Bert's Automotive in Duncan. They have a top notch Toyota tech and a couple of guys who have seen most everything.

Call James at Killian Auto Repair in Fountain Inn. They have 3 shops and he will know if they have experience with these. Also, Bert's Automotive in Duncan. They have a top notch Toyota tech and a couple of guys who have seen most everything.
Biggest issues that I never really thought of is most shop wont install customer supplied parts and or they won't install aftermarket parts. I can understand. We are that way with some things. We do charge more for customer supplied parts because in the past when a customer supplied parts we would get part way in and find out that they didn't buy the right parts. Than we usually have it stuck on a lift and it throws the whole schedule out of whack.

For Ben I'd be more than happy to do it. We are just slammed right at the moment with 3 headgaskets on 80's and two restos. we get the 80's done we could do it. I've only done the bushing on a tundra and 200's

Ben if you can't find anyone circle back to me at the end of this week.

Biggest issues that I never really thought of is most shop wont install customer supplied parts and or they won't install aftermarket parts. I can understand. We are that way with some things. We do charge more for customer supplied parts because in the past when a customer supplied parts we would get part way in and find out that they didn't buy the right parts. Than we usually have it stuck on a lift and it throws the whole schedule out of whack.

For Ben I'd be more than happy to do it. We are just slammed right at the moment with 3 headgaskets on 80's and two restos. we get the 80's done we could do it. I've only done the bushing on a tundra and 200's

Ben if you can't find anyone circle back to me at the end of this week.
I've heard similar stories about customer supplied parts from my wife. It never works out as planned. Do you bring your own steak to a steak restaurant and then complain when it doesn't turn out as expected?

I took my Nitro rings/pinions to the shop. 😞

Expecting to pay invoice for ancillary parts though. 🤓
Lost count of how many inquires for 4.88 regears we got after the crazy liquidation sale they did last year.
Most the of the time the $3-400 savings or whatever it was on the gear purchase became vastly outweighed once they saw the quote to actually install them professionally :lol:

Lost count of how many inquires for 4.88 regears we got after the crazy liquidation sale they did last year.
Most the of the time the $3-400 savings or whatever it was on the gear purchase became vastly outweighed once they saw the quote to actually install them professionally :lol:
Good service ain't cheap, and vice-versa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom