Leveling front after new aftermarket bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I am planning on buying an ARB front bumper to replace my current damaged one, however I realize that the new bumper is going to be substantially heavier than the stock one. If I want a temporary solution to re-level out the front and restore some ride quality in the meantime (until I get a full all-round 2.5" lift), which components will I need? Likely new front shocks, but would I need new torsion bars as well?

So in the short term I just need cranked torsion bars? Or will I need replacement heavier duty shocks also

After you install your new front bumper, you would adjust the torsion bars then. Remember to leave some rake with the rear higher say roughly 1-2" is ideal for handling characteristics.
Your rear shocks would actually be addressing the issue of dealing with the majority of the new found weight on the front end because of the altered weight dispersion from front to rear. New OEM shocks would be up to the task temporarily-although not ideal in my opinion. I did use a set I have in between when I blew up my fox's and was waiting on Icon to take their sweet a$$ time to build my new ones.

Yeah my shocks are a bit ancient so I will probably buy a new set of OME medium rears for now

The OEM Toyota shocks are ridiculously cheap, too. Even if they're an incredibly short term solution, they may be worthwhile. You really don't want to run expired shocks any longer than you have to if nothing else, just to be sure you don't ruin a good set of tires.

As @Carless Walker eluded, a lighter bumper may be the ticket. My steel Dissent offroad bumper with a Warn 9500 xp winch dropped the front about 3/8"

Do you know how long the wait is for them currently? I know it was crazy long a few months ago, like 8+ weeks

Do you know how long the wait is for them currently? I know it was crazy long a few months ago, like 8+ weeks

Only 8 weeks!? Don't look at it like ordering a bumper. Think of it as commissioning a sculpture. It'll make the wait seem insignificant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom