1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's See Your Toyota Expedition Build...

Discussion in 'Expedition Builds' started by NorCalBorn, Jun 23, 2009.

1. RFB

RFB 97 FZJ80 LIFTED BLOWN DUAL BATTERIES,37s SILVER Star

Media:
    I built the rear storage storage,fridge sliders rooftop rack and took it out for 27 days everything worked great.

DSCN2948.JPG

C0092T01.JPG

DSCN3398.JPG

DSCN3462.JPG

Petoors, Romain, Fj81 and 3 others like this.
  2. The Phoenician

The Phoenician F*ck your sensitivity!

Media:
    Albums:
    RFB likes this.
  3. RFB

Media:
    I love it, and thanks slee 6in lift and control arms en route so ill be losing the 5in king springs need them to handle build weight

Fj81 likes this.
  4. thelal

thelal

Media:
    Ireland; USA (WA,CO, CA, CT), Scotland, London
    Love the fridge slider and under slider. Do you have more info/pics on how you did that?

RFB likes this.
  5. RFB

Media:
    I dont have any pics of how I did it, but I bought a set of 500lbs slider and a set of 125lbs or the like and welded tabs onto the 500s and bolted them up then just made a angle iron pan for fridge and used some walnut rubbed with beeswax for the table.

ReelBigFisch likes this.
  6. Mizou

Mizou

Here is our 80 series from France. Leaving for 7 months to Mongolia and Silk Road in April :)

IMG_0112-1.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

ted4whlz, Petoors, cmck and 4 others like this.
  7. Hiace4wd

Hiace4wd

No April is too early :p

If you leave in May/June, then maybe we can meet somewhere on the road! We should be in Mongolia summer of 2018 as well :D

What route do you have in mind? I think you might spend time in the Stans before ending up in Mongolia? And from there back?

And where are the pictures taken?

Edit: If you're going the southern route through Turkey and Iran, I can hopefully give you some recommendations as we have done that before. (but not the Stan countries)

thelal and Mizou like this.
  8. Mizou

Mizou

I should have say May as we're leaving home on Monday 30 April :)

We'll travel the northern route, crossing Russia to stay 'round Baikal for a few days (time to get our Visa for Mongolia).
    Then we'll spend all June in Mongolia.
    From there the route is Kazakhstan, Kirghistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan (only 3 days), Uzbekistan.
    The way back to France is not really planned yet, and maybe won't be 'till the end.

At the very beginning we were planning the southern route but we are travelling with our dog, and we heard crazy stories about dogs in Iran.. so we changed our minds.

It would be a pleasure to meet you on the road !

PS : Pictures taken in Morocco in March 2017.

9. Hiace4wd

Hiace4wd

Ok why is that? Our plan is to just get the visa from home, so then you have 3 months to enter the country.
    We also want to go into Russia, but our goal is to visit the Altai region (which should be very nice) and enter Mongolia from there (so Western border)

Ah ok, probably we will be in Mongolia in July (and August). However, our plans aren't fixed yet, also no departure date yet.

Nice, I would love to go to Kirghistan and Tajikistan (Pamir Highway) but we will not do it in this trip.
    How will you manage the Russian visa again if you have to cross from Mongolia to Kazakhstan? (and per haps one more time later)
    In Ulaanbatar you can probably only get transit visa for Russia.
    Also note that there is a boat over the Caspian sea from Kazakhstan to Azerbeidjan, but maybe you already new that. Oh, but that can give issues with a dog I heard, you had have some paperwork (but some German guy did it)

Well, I have met several people who have travelled through Iran with a dog. I also met one guy with a huge dog while we were in Iran.
    They are not used to dogs, so they can be a bit scared about dogs but that shouldn't be an issue.
    I don't know the details of what they had to arrange, but it didn't seem like an issue (they weren't telling me any difficult stories about it). In fact, there was one Swiss older guy who did it every year. Not sure if he still did it.
    We can really recommend Iran, beautiful country and nice people. So would be worth a try.

Yeah I'm not sure if it will work out since you will be earlier with everything, but chance is pretty high nontheless :D

Which area of Morocco is this? Pretty south I guess?

We went to Morocco in a sports car haha should be much nicer in a 4x4.

10. Mizou

Mizou

Hiace, maybe not the right place to talk about travelling ?!
    So I'll reply to you in private. Cheers

Hiace4wd likes this.
  11. thelal

thelal

Media:
    Ireland; USA (WA,CO, CA, CT), Scotland, London
    excellent . will follow along on FB. On my plans sometime in the future

Mizou likes this.
data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">