Let's See Your Toyota Expedition Build... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mate, that's just a great touring truck. I really like the swing-away flat pack stove bench and the canopy/roll cage setup. I see your guard dog is doing its thing: "you toucha my truck, and ..." you know the rest, Haha.

Cheers
ha ha thanks mate, he looks big and tough but is a big softy really! loking forward bto getting away for another trip soon

4x4overland_marocco-small.jpg
marocco.jpg
4x4overland_travel_-.jpg
4x4overland_travel_-9327.jpg

My Mom in the late '60's "over landing" in my parent's "expedition" rig. I later inherited it and wish I would have kept it!
bus.jpg

OOps! Not a toyota:oops:

Last edited:
The top is made in Germany by Desert-Tec.de. It replaces the original roof so you can stand up in the complete car. We have a 130x200cm bed up there. The Toyo is now aprox. 278cm tall, sitting on 265/75r16 ( 32" ? ) and OME springs with 70mm lift ...
very nice. Will look at your website for more info

Our Toyota Hiace 4x4 van. I guess most US guys don't know the Hiace, don't confuse it with the Toyota Van you had, this is bigger. However not too big, it is a pretty standard European van size. This one is a long wheel base with a fixed high roof.

It has the same system as a Hilux / LJ70, that engine and drivetrain. So also low-gearing. And the optional LSD in the rear axle.

This is before we raised the suspension and with the beefy BFG Mud terrains, but they were the old type, too noisy and didn't like the poor handling on tarmac/asphalt.

20160430_154932.jpg

2cq1bae.jpg

Now it is raised a bit more, pics from the last holiday:

Wh9ut1zh.jpg

sMfMq7sh.jpg

You can see the less beefy tires, I'm running Toyo Open Country A/T now. They make it drive like a normal car again and up to now they are doing fine offroad (I don't spend a lot of time in the mud anyway)

It has a big solar panel and a fridge with freezer etc. It's working all standalone.
We use it for the holidays with our family.

It is not as pretty as most Landcruisers, but it gets the job done almost as good as a Landcruiser, gets to most places and has more space for our family.

Last edited:
Our Toyota Hiace 4x4 van. I guess most US guys don't know the Hiace, don't confuse it with the Toyota Van you had, this is bigger. However not too big, it is a pretty standard European van size. This one is a long wheel base with a fixed high roof.

It has the same system as a Hilux / LJ70, that engine and drivetrain. So also low-gearing. And the optional LSD in the rear axle.

This is before we raised the suspension and with the beefy BFG Mud terrains, but they were the old type, too noisy and didn't like the poor handling on tarmac/asphalt.

20160430_154932.jpg

2cq1bae.jpg

Now it is raised a bit more, pics from the last holiday:

Wh9ut1zh.jpg

sMfMq7sh.jpg

You can see the less beefy tires, I'm running Toyo Open Country A/T now. They make it drive like a normal car again and up to now they are doing fine offroad (I don't spend a lot of time in the mud anyway)

It has a big solar panel and a fridge with freezer etc. It's working all standalone.
We use it for the holidays with our family.

It is not as pretty as most Landcruisers, but it gets the job done almost as good as a Landcruiser, gets to most places and has more space for our family.
Cool van. Got any pics of the interior?

1988 4Runner v6
Full Old Man Emu HD suspension
Rocky Road Outfitters sliders
Fuel Anza 15x10 wheels
Goodyear MT/R 32" tires
Softtopper soft top
Versahaul motorcycle hitch hauler
Now has Smittybilt roof rack.

I've drove from Chicago to San Francisco under the Rockies through NM, AZ
Did a week camping off road through the S CA desert (and found my dog out there!)
San Francisco back to Chicago
Chicago to Florida
Florida to Ohio
About to make a loop from Ohio to CO, NM, AZ, UT, CO and back to OH and then head back to FL for the winter.

I camp mostly.
I have a couple of Husky storage bins in the back that are pad locked and cable locked to the roll bar.

subset.jpg

versahaul_dside.jpg

versahaul_rear.jpg

versahaul_side.jpg

71vVG3ucxUL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom