LED Lights for the FJ40 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a considerable amount of R&D and prototype testing, I can say that we have developed LED front and rear tail lights for the FJ40 Land Cruiser. I was frustrated that these set-ups were not offered, so I worked with a guy to design and turn this project into a reality. The results were far better than anything that I originally expected. The LED panels fit inside the OEM lenses so little modification is needed. The lights will come as a complete kit for the front and rear lights. The draw on the electrical system as been reduced significantly and visability of your rig will be increased a bunch! These kits will also be available in a 24V system so our friends overseas will not be left out. I can provide other pics if needed...
Please contact me with any questions.

The kit includes:
  • Front Turn Signal Lights
  • Front Side Marker Lights
  • Rear Side Marker Lights
  • Rear LED Tail Lights
  • Instrument Cluster LED Bulbs
  • An LED light under the dash pad (by the pull knobs)
  • License Plate LED bulbs
The lights will enhance and update the look of any FJ40 Cruiser!

The kit will sell for $325.00 shipped. Overseas shipping will be a little more depending on the destination. I am in the process of taking orders. These kits will be built 10 at a time. They are assembled in the US and will be guaranteed for the life of the vehicle. All of the hardware necessary and directions for installation will be included with the kit.

Thanks!

20140701_172423.jpg

image.jpg

image1.jpg

20140626_171212.jpg

Last edited:
These look nice.

I'm interested. I would definitely like to see how they wire up. Are they "plug and play" pretty much, or is there a lot of re-wiring involved?

Id be in for the instrument cluster lights, the turn signal indicator (on either side of the cluster on the dash) bulbs and the front bib maRker light bulbs (under the bezel).

Would these come separately or would we be able to pick and choose?

D

White stripe, I worked with a guy to develop these. It was my idea and we took this from a conceptual idea to an actual product. I have a '75 FJ40 that I wanted an LED set-up for and there was nothing like this so I decided to do something about it. You will be able to buy these directly from me.

RWBeringer, they are pretty much plug and play. Some minor wiring and application of silicone and you are in business. There are electronic resistors that will need to be wired into the turn signals in order to get tne turn signals to flash. Hope that answers what you are looking for.

Darwink1, I will be selling these as complete kits. Parting these out will be difficult. Not only that, I wold be breaking up a bunch of pre-packed components. We can talk some more, but I would be reluctant to start doing that.

Id be in for the instrument cluster lights, the turn signal indicator (on either side of the cluster on the dash) bulbs and the front bib maRker light bulbs (under the bezel).

Would these come separately or would we be able to pick and choose?

Darwink1, I will be selling these as complete kits. Parting these out will be difficult. Not only that, I wold be breaking up a bunch of pre-packed components. We can talk some more, but I would be reluctant to start doing that.

RWBeringer, they are pretty much plug and play. Some minor wiring and application of silicone and you are in business. There are electronic resistors that will need to be wired into the turn signals in order to get tne turn signals to flash. Hope that answers what you are looking for.

Would you be willing to post an installation procedure? Pictures speak 1000 words! They do look pretty nice - good work, and thanks for contributing to the cruiser community. My 75 is a long way from mods (still in the repair phase) but down the road I may get in touch for a set!

Would you be willing to post an installation procedure? Pictures speak 1000 words! They do look pretty nice - good work, and thanks for contributing to the cruiser community. My 75 is a long way from mods (still in the repair phase) but down the road I may get in touch for a set!

Thanks. The pictures I could do, but there would be a bunch. The wiring is pretty straightforward and the wires are colored specifically for the the color of the turn signal.

It may be a bit trivial , but why not offer an electronic flasher to compensate using the led's on the turn signals ? I never liked using resistors , just seemed to defeat the purpose of lower current draw .
Sarge

Sarge, some of the electronic flashers offered do not have the original "clicking" noise when the turn signal is activated. We are currently testing one now that may potentially solve that problem

Ok, if they only come in a complete kit then I guess im out. All of my lights including the head lights minus the ones mentioned in my previous post are already led. Ill get the dash bulbs and whatever else I need myself.

Thanks.

D

You may find this isn't the best forum to sell this kind of kit to as a off the shelf product.

A lot of mud members spend a lot of time building and sharing their projects step by step on the forum so people can follow, contribute and do the mod themselves with the knowledge and fulfilment that the job was done correctly with quality parts and everyone who did the mod would be in the same boat if they had to troubleshoot.
That's was makes mud mud, we're a community sharing ideas and knowledge that we can all benefit from without having to shell out big for product or skilled labour.

Every now and then a member will produce something that is excellent beyond expectation and they sometimes offer to build and sell with a margin included for the idea and time but almost always the original post is there with the build details to back it all up in case someone can offer suggestions or needs more information or feels like they could do the same thing.
Your product looks great and I'm sure you've put a great deal of time and energy into it so it works but you haven't given the mud community much to better understand how good it is and what components you're using and why so you may find people just skim and move on.

Down here in Australia like you've mentioned LED lights are EVERYWHERE and in many many many configuration and much of what you've shown is off the shelf at a cheaper price, I can only assume you are using better quality parts with greater compatibility but why are the flasher resistors added separately? There are ranges upon ranges of LEDs with shunt, bleed and variable resistors built into them, why add a resistor separately? I guess you're solving it any way with the electronic flasher can.

Perhaps a bit more specific information on your product may get you some more traffic.

Good idea and product none the less!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom