led lights bulbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the replacement LEDs in my tail but to keep from having to put on a resistor i kept the front blinkers incandescent. After the pig party i am going to start my full retro-LED light design. I will do an DIY possibly or maybe make them for interested parties. I am not sure, but I really want to make these for my piggy.

Would love to see what you do. On the tail lights did you go w bulbs that have side deflection, straight out or a combo of both? Part number?

I have the same set up as megadoomer. I also bought the leds from Super Bright LEDS.

I used #1157-r19 in red 18 degree for the rear running lights and #67-r15 red for my rear, side marker lights.

I also used the 1156-w2w-ara cool white for the reverse lights. That might not work for yours if you have the earlier, smaller reverse lights.

From what I remember, I was worried the 100 degree would wash into the sides and possibly wash out the brake lights. The 18 degree has a more focused beam.

Finally got around to getting the rear and side marker led lights put in. Took and was going to post some pictures, but it just isnt worth it. They seem to be the same as the stock lights. No difference. I guess just better because of less of a draw...?

uh oh
Just got out in the cruiser and went to make a turn, hit the blinker and it turned on but did not start blinking. Just stayed on. Can't just be an easy switch.

Any suggestions?

You don't have enough resistance. The incandescent does, so you need to splice a resistor inline.

"Resistor" What's that? I will definitely be reading you dyi thread when you get around to doing it. I guess I will have to just wait til then...
Or if you were willing to throw down the beta, I would definitely be listening and be appreciative!

Would this type resistor be used for a phantom light on my check engine light, which is a small LED. It has a small glow to it at all times. Sorry for a blatant hijack.

Would this type resistor be used for a phantom light on my check engine light, which is a small LED. It has a small glow to it at all times. Sorry for a blatant hijack.

In theory yes but I’m not sure I would want to experiment with adding load to the output side of your computer before asking someone more knowledgeable than me.

I would be safer to just add a small incandescent bulb in place of the LED.

The link Jmack put up is exactly what you need to do. You can get the resistors at Autozone/Pepboys for few bucks. Just buy 2 and splice inline to your blinker. You only need 1 for each side and it will help both the front and the back. SO if you have more room to work in the front just put it there.

As cruisers go I am stil not done. The LEDs are in but once I use the turn signal they just stay on. As opposed to hyper blinking. I bought two resistors and started to get after it.

All of the videos had +constant, +blinker, and ground wires coming out of the back. Of coarse landcruisers don't. I have a solid green, which is the constant running lights and then I have a green and white, which seems to be the blinker, and a green and yellow, which I have no idea about. I realize that the ground is based off the housing so there is no ground wire coming off the connector. What is the magic here?

I tried to connect the resistor in with using the green/white to the green/yellow- no joy.
Tried to use the green/yellow and provide an extra wire to a ground- no joy.

Beyond the connection the wires split off into each bulb getting a solid green and a green and white.

img_0181-jpg.1453487

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom