LED flasher relay help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sleepycruiser

I will get by….I will survive -Touch of Grey LC200
Threads
So I ordered a flasher relay to stop the super fast blinking when I put in LEDs in the turn signals. I already had put in resistors and the lights blinked fine at normal speed, but thought the blinker relay might be a cleaner install and reduce things that could go wrong....and a few here mentioned doing it that way. Well, it would not work. I put the jumper on the relay and plugged it in and nothing. Put the OEM relay back in and it worked. Took out one of the resistors from an LED and tried it both ways....OEM worked both ways....new flasher relay wouldn't work at all. Any ideas?

So I just put the OEM relay back in for now since everything works fine.....but wondering if there is anything else to it?

CF13GL-02 from Superbright LEDs. Someone on MUD linked that one. I did not try it won't the jumper....I thought that was required.

Thanks...I might swing by Napa today and see if I can get it to work.

I think I did but I can't remember. I ended up sending it back. I might swing by Napa either today or tomorrow and try to get one.

Switched my blinkers to LEDs.
Had the manic blink.
Bought the ep-35 a couple weeks ago. Pulled the relay board out. Tested. Didn't flash at all.

Tested the relay with a 9v. Worked. So, was going to make the jumper, but ran out of time to mess around with it so I put it all back together.

Then yesterday finally hooked up my modified LED blinkers for my ARB bumper (wired them direct to blinker wires draws less than an amp) and low and behold I'm back to normal blink rate.

So that's one way to solve it.

Weird, didnt work for me. Did you use the jumper?

Used as it came, no mods. Just R&R. Keep in mind that without the shroud like OEM, it can go in wrong but feel correct.

For any one who's having trouble finding it, here's a few pics.

It's under the driver's side kick panel, behind the panel and dead pedal.

This is from a bit far away, for perspective:

img_20170218_125510422-arrow-jpg.1407476

35UeaBR.jpg

This one is closer up, and with the wiring loom out of the way:

drP0700.jpg

img_20170218_125506061-arrow-jpg.1407479

Last edited:
I just dropped in a CF14 EP35 JL-02, no jumper, all is working great! Using LEDs at all corners.

As depicted in the above post, I needed to move a harness connector out of the way to get to the flasher.
I just about crawled up to the gas pedal to see where the new flasher needed to be plugged in.

ok, dumb question of the day... I'm trying to replace my flasher relay, and it doesn't seem like it wants to come out/unplug. I can see the whole board flexing as I'm trying to unplug it, and I've pulled and pulled as much as I feel like i can without risking breaking anything. Is it just supposed to simply pop out, or are there some kind of retainer clips holding this thing to the board that I'm not seeing?

Should pull straight out. Below is what the pins on a typical flasher look like.

LED flasher.jpg

yeah, i have a replacement flasher i bought for LED bulbs. It looks like it should be straightforward and just pull out, but the original flasher is attached to some kind of adapter from what I've read in other similar posts. The adapter has retainer clips on it where the flasher snaps down onto it. But this whole assembly is in such a tight spot , i can't see if there is anything holding the adapter onto the assembly/board where it plugs in. Have you replaced yours? Did yours just easily pull out? Mine just doesn't seem to want to unplug at all and i don't want to keep pulling on it and end up breaking a connector or something and making another bigger problem to have to fix. That's why i was asking on here to see if anyone else had trouble getting it to come out when they replaced theirs.

Should pull straight out. Below is what the pins on a typical flasher look like.

View attachment 2115869

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom