EP 34 Flasher...Still Fast Flash Rate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thedoughboy

SILVER Star
Threads
I recently purchased a Tridon EP-34 off Amazon but received a Novita EP-34 flasher instead. They appear to be the same unit. I have LED turn signal bulbs at all 4 corners. This flasher fixed the "hyper-flashing" I was experiencing but the flash rate is faster than the OEM unit.

Have others experienced this? Does the LED rated EP-34 have a faster flash rate?

I think mine is still slightly faster but it is nothing compared to the Pokemon cartoon tension/seizure inducing rate I had before.

I think mine is still slightly faster but it is nothing compared to the Pokemon cartoon tension/seizure inducing rate I had before.

Agreed. Much better than the hyper-flash but mine is noticeably faster than the stock rate.

If it really bugs you then track down the tridon. I'm sure someone will take the other flasher off you if they have leds installed.

I got mine here:

https://www.superbrightleds.com

Works perfectly.

The EP I got from Napa didn't work at all, sounds similar to your experience.

-A

AMMO - Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I too tried Napa's. They stopped carrying the Tridon and their Napa branded flasher is NOT LED rated. It caused the hyper flashing. I was told that they could no longer get the Tridon.

Can you comment on the flash rate of the one you purchased from https://www.superbrightleds.com? Is the rate the same as OEM or a little faster? I have a flasher that is working but it is a little (noticeable) faster than OEM. I'd like to find one that is closer to the OEM rate.

It flashes the same as OEM...

I've used superbright LEDs for all of my LED needs and have been extremely happy with them.

Remember to remove the "jumper" off your stock relay and install it on the "Toyota" one they provide.

-A

Did you purchase this one, CF13GL-02 LED Bulb Electronic Flasher? Found here: https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...f13gl-02-led-bulb-electronic-flasher/782/836/

Thanks for your help.

Here is mine, not sure the diff in the J vs. G code listed... Might just be a newer version.

The superbright CS has always been great, maybe just check with them.

-A

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1433361580.588199.jpg

Just to close this out.

I purchased the CF 13 JL-02 from Superbrightleds.com. Its flash rate ~90 times/minute. This rate is basically the OEM rate. Close enough that I cannot tell the difference. The Novita, while it worked, had a flash rate ~110 times/minute. A bit too fast for my liking.

Our rigs, mine's a '95, use a jumper that basically flips the B and the E plugs. I had to USE the jumper for the CF 13 JL-02 to work. Superbright sells a CF 13 GL-02 which has the B and E plugs switched already. I believe one could purchase this flasher and not have to use the jumper.

Enjoy and thanks to @AMMO .

Last edited:
Awesome, good to hear they now have that new version with out the need of the jumper.

-A

I figured I'd pipe in on this thread to say that per Ammo and thedoughboy's advice I bought the superbright flasher after having not having luck with a Napa EP-34.

I bought the CF 13 GL-02 and wanted to pass along that though you don't need the jumper, I did still need to use the original Toyota plastic adapter that the flasher unit plugs into. I'm not sure why because there doesn't seem to be any reason the unit shouldn't work by itself but it would not work just plugged in by itself. However, after cutting the lip of the original adapter so the new one would fit the back of it (with a little adhesive help and of course removing the jumper) it works great.
Tub

I got a Novita EP34 from AutoZone today ($12.99). Worked perfectly, back to the original blink rate. Just make sure you pay attention to E/B/L orientation and install the jumper so it's plugged in exactly the same as before. Minor trimming on the new relay and a little electrical tape to hold it in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom