LCXC 2018: Baja! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I put in for March 16th through April 16th off of work. I can adjust as necessary depending on what Mark and Ken and whomever work out for final dates. Being the boss has it's privileges. As long as this real estate deal goes through this month, I'll be able to throw a ton of cash at a depreciating asset (the 200)and be loaded with gear and ready to go.

I put in for March 16th through April 16th off of work. I can adjust as necessary depending on what Mark and Ken and whomever work out for final dates. Being the boss has it's privileges. As long as this real estate deal goes through this month, I'll be able to throw a ton of cash on a depreciating asset (the 200), I'll be loaded with gear and ready to go.

Man, I just can't figure you out, Tony.
I wasn't thinkin the Air Force forked over that kind o' cash. :)

You wouldn't happen to have a big GREEN "plus sign" on the porch of yo house, would ya??? hehe + :smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin: +

Man, I just can't figure you out, Tony.
I wasn't thinkin the Air Force forked over that kind o' cash. :)

You wouldn't happen to have a big GREEN "plus sign" on the porch of yo house, would ya??? hehe + :smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin: +

No wife, no kids, full-time Air Force for 16 years, no rent/mortgage, real estate side gig... Let just say I have some expendable income. :)

@TonyP Plead the fifth and im not talk about 750ml

:popcorn:

I put in for March 17th thru April 1st off, just waiting on it to be approved. I know that timeline may not work for the trip if so I'll just head east and do some exploring etc... I'm going to move forward with passports, Mexican car insurance etc just incase that timeline gets me in the band:)

You can do Mexico car insurance in 10 minutes before you depart... I wouldn't spend the money until your sure you're going. I use BajaBound.com each year.

I put in for March 17th thru April 1st off, just waiting on it to be approved. I know that timeline may not work for the trip if so I'll just head east and do some exploring etc... I'm going to move forward with passports, Mexican car insurance etc just incase that timeline gets me in the band:)

Those dates work for me.

I'm interested. Either way I also live in SD so if I can't make it, I'm happy to help as local resource, people can send trucks, come visit, etc...

As a side, our local TLCA club Beach n' Toys is also discussing a trip to Baja, but it's looking more like a summer trip. There are some other ideas and resources listed as well. https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/baja-summer-2018-feeler-5-days-south-of-the-border.1022329/

Looks like I don't have access to that sub-forum...?

Hey @Mark Mehalic, I see that you are in AZ, do you go to the Copper State Cruiser meetings in Tucson or Phoenix?
I'm just up the road in Casa Grande. would love to meet up, talk cruisers and Baja.

Hey @Mark Mehalic, I see that you are in AZ, do you go to the Copper State Cruiser meetings in Tucson or Phoenix?
I'm just up the road in Casa Grande. would love to meet up, talk cruisers and Baja.
Hey Tex, I don't go to those meetings. I didn't know they met in Tucson. You have a link for the Tucson group? Yes I'd love to meet up and plan some trips. I go out almost every weekend.

Looks like I don't have access to that sub-forum...?
Whoops didn't realize it was posted to the private section. Sent you sidemail if you want to access directly.

This trip is looking more and more like a reality for me, currently holding dates of March 29 - April 7 (10 days total however they fall). I could shift a bit but trying to hit both weekends to minimize PTO.

Baja1000_2017.png

Doing the Baja 1000 route would be very cool. Once I know for sure if I'm in, I'll propose a route. I don't want to mandate anything, just a suggestion. As I said, this trip is for everyone to plan, I'm just the lunatic to bring it up the idea of driving through Baja.

Doing a leg would be cool but much of the beauty of Baja is found on the beaches and bays of both coasts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom