Events/Trails LCDC 2019 - 5th Anniversary (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last Saturday in San Diego for a couple weeks. Heading out tomorrow :D see y’all soon, can’t wait!

210F4637-4CC3-4778-A5F7-C914A56DD98B.jpeg

BF8E1EA0-519F-44A0-81F6-894689CF512C.jpeg

No go on black bear, at least until they get a dozer up there. Which should happen soon..

The road is mostly blocked by a snow bank and the only way around in a full-size vehicle is through the tundra, which unfortunately hasn’t stopped some people. A side-by-side and dirtbike were able to make it over the snow but got turned around by a big snow bank another 10 minutes up. I didn’t get a look at that one but they both said it’s impassable.

Also my post earlier about picayune gulch was incorrect, I was in poryphry gulch and it looked pretty good. Might be a decent alternative to black bear road, though I’m still not 100% sure it is open to the top.

Also for people planning out runs, the cut-through between poryphry and black Bear is closed too.

E89893BD-A326-4314-8E3F-C107A1971604.jpeg

7750F547-9C26-4B83-A9D0-C208EBCEF11B.png

F0348F88-D6DC-41D4-AB99-B43AD0CD73AF.jpeg

I spoke with someone that saw a bull moose up Maggie gulch, and had a decent pic on their iPhone. So keep an eye out if you go up that way. I didn’t even know there were moose in this area.

I’m going to do Ophir on the way to Ouray (long way) as a Pre-run on Tuesday. Leaving Durango that morning. Lunch in Telluride. Then on to Ouray.

Say hi to Rick when in Durango!

Hey all, packing up tonight and heading out in the AM.

Last minute question...is it still the general consensus that we should remove running boards? I'm running a BP-51 setup, but otherwise stock. I'm a little weary of having the rocker panels completely exposed, although I realize running boards provide minimal to zero protection in most cases.

I'm currently signed up for Imogene, Corkscrew, and Alpine Loop.

Last minute question...is it still the general consensus that we should remove running boards? I'm running a BP-51 setup, but otherwise stock. I'm a little weary of having the rocker panels completely exposed, although I realize running boards provide minimal to zero protection in most cases.

You'll be fine, we had a stock 100 series with us on those trails with no lift and some AT tires never had an issue. If anything keeping a socket set with you if you had to pull them because a washed out section of the trail you can pull them off and strap them to the roof its takes mins to pull them off.

Yes, remove your running boards.

@Tierra Cruiser If you bang them up I got a set you can buy for a deal.

Was on my way down from Canada this morning and this happened just outside Billings, MT.

IMG_6120.jpg

IMG_6122.jpg

When I installed the secondary battery tray the power steering reservoir relocation pushed the hoses to a point where the belt rubbed through one. Thankfully it didn't happen on the highway in the middle of nowhere or I'd really be screwed.

It also means I'm missing my halfway point destination tonight and probably tomorrow. Worst-case scenario I won't make it to LCDC at all if I have to wait for parts. 😭 Best case, I'm back on the road tomorrow afternoon, looking for a new halfway point, and getting there a day late.

Was on my way down from Canada this morning and this happened just outside Billings, MT.

View attachment 2044636
View attachment 2044637

When I installed the secondary battery tray the power steering reservoir relocation pushed the hoses to a point where the belt rubbed through one. Thankfully it didn't happen on the highway in the middle of nowhere or I'd really be screwed.

It also means I'm missing my halfway point destination tonight and probably tomorrow. Worst-case scenario I won't make it to LCDC at all if I have to wait for parts. 😭 Best case, I'm back on the road tomorrow afternoon, looking for a new halfway point, and getting there a day late.

HP or LP hose? Low pressure should be available at any parts store, though without the molded bends you’ll need to watch for kinks and such.

If it’s HP most hydraulic hose shops can cook something up pretty quick.

Either way.. yes.. at least it wasn’t halfway up the single lane section near the top of Imogene.

Checked into Salina Utah for the evening. Tomorrow is arches and moab and the bbq!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom