Events/Trails LCDC 2019 - 5th Anniversary (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is anyone thinking of doing Ophir at all? It seems to be a bit crowded due to the limited number of open trails.
I’m going to do Ophir on the way to Ouray (long way) as a Pre-run on Tuesday. Leaving Durango that morning. Lunch in Telluride. Then on to Ouray.

I’m going to do Ophir on the way to Ouray (long way) as a Pre-run on Tuesday. Leaving Durango that morning. Lunch in Telluride. Then on to Ouray.

I was thinking of doing ophir after imogene on Thursday or maybe on Saturday after minnie or Maggie gulch.

Theme song for Taco’s drive out to LCDC will be “Running on Empty” by Jackson Browne.

Running on empty, running blind, running into the sun, but I’m running behind.

Yep... that pretty much sums it up. Excited to see yeah guys, but I need a nap.

Dang! Glad it’s nothing more serious. You gonna hang around at all over the weekend? We get into Ouray on Sunday.

The hit was hard enough and a total surprise I was sure something was broken.. all looks good. And how it missed the wheel itself I have no idea. As it is I think the sliders knocked the rock outward and it tipped in to catch the sidewall. Sliders stick out well past the tire..

I’ll be up there at some point. Have friends getting into Durango today, and have to be headed back on Wednesday.. but the big issue is I get zero cell reception in ouray.. so I’ll be trying to find WiFi for internet updates.

Is there a FRS channel people are using in town?

After storing my BudBuilt skids in my garage for months, waiting for time for the install, I finally gave up and took them to my local shop. They’ve had some complications and need two replacement bolts. Hopefully they locate them today so I can pack tomorrow and get on the road Monday. Otherwise, I’ll be starting at least a half day behind on Monday and will adopt @Taco2Cruiser’s theme song. I still need to install my Ham radio, too. Tick-tock...

Edit: I meant skids, not sliders, my bad.

Last edited:
After storing my BudBuilt sliders in my garage for months, waiting for time for the install, I finally gave up and took them to my local shop. They’ve had some complications and need two replacement bolts. Hopefully they locate them today so I can pack tomorrow and get on the road Monday. Otherwise, I’ll be starting at least a half day behind on Monday and will adopt @Taco2Cruiser’s theme song. I still need to install my Ham radio, too. Tick-tock...
When we are there, let me know what bolts they said they needed and why. I want things perfect, and every little bit of feedback gets things just right. Or helps some others understand what they were doing wrong, which needs to be addressed in instructions.

When we are there, let me know what bolts they said they needed and why. I want things perfect, and every little bit of feedback gets things just right. Or helps some others understand what they were doing wrong, which needs to be addressed in instructions.

They said there were no instructions and mounted a bracket too early. It had one-way bolt(s) that had to be cut out. That’s what I know so far. I’ll try to get a run through when I pick it up.

I wonder if we can run black bear to the top where the sign is and then back down. Anyone know?

That’s like going to the Alamo looking for your bike and finding out there is no Basement....or when your 3 year old comes into the room when mom and dad are “wrestling”.

Big Letdown. :):)

Dang! Glad it’s nothing more serious. You gonna hang around at all over the weekend? We get into Ouray on Sunday.

Of all the drivers I
I wonder if we can run black bear to the top where the sign is and then back down. Anyone know?

Was wondering same. Might try to head that way Monday or Tuesday and see how far we can go... Hopefully others pre-running will post info & so can do other check-runs...

I was up in picayune gulch this morning which is sort of next door.. no problems to within a mile or so of the top. I didn’t finish it due to not having time to hike it and knowing there weren’t many places to turn around up that trail. Not sure how the elevation compares..

I edited my post up there, I meant skids, not sliders. They’re installed now, although I need to replace some exposed bolts with carriage bolts. It’ll work for this trip, at least. Unfortunately, my timing is completely up in the air at this point. My mom has been battling an infection and I’m stopping to see her and go to an appointment with her. My timing to Ouray may be impacted as a result. For now, here’s a shot of the skids to enjoy, 3/16” stainless, stage 4.

BA8EB9E4-F30E-4BD5-A565-91674BA2529C.jpeg

I edited my post up there, I meant skids, not sliders. They’re installed now, although I need to replace some exposed bolts with carriage bolts. It’ll work for this trip, at least. Unfortunately, my timing is completely up in the air at this point. My mom has been battling an infection and I’m stopping to see her and go to an appointment with her. My timing to Ouray may be impacted as a result. For now, here’s a shot of the skids to enjoy, 3/16” stainless, stage 4.

View attachment 2041403
Nice skids. I must have missed the details. It looks like it has access to oil filter and engine oil drain. These are custom?

I’ll have to check them out next week. I wonder if I can mate them up to my ARB front bumper.

Hey Todd, they'll bolt up just fine as long as you don't have a diff drop. If you do, you'll need spacers. Have them on with my ARB Sahara. No issues, and yes, you can get to the drain and filter through the access holes. Extremely well designed and built.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom