Events/Trails LCDC 2019 - 5th Anniversary (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

UPDATE:

Silverton Chamber of Commerce 'Facebook' Page

Alpine Loop OPEN!
Eureka to Animas Forks road still snowed in. Access via Hurricane/California passes.

Checkout:

including post # 1,391

[IMG alt="bamabrock"]https://cdn-xf.ih8mud.com/data/avatars/m/52/52039.jpg?1484856605[/IMG]
bamabrock

Yesterday at 1:04 PM

This is the entrance to the top of Poughkeepsie yesterday

and

post #1,399

[IMG alt="87warrior"]https://cdn-xf.ih8mud.com/data/avatars/m/114/114395.jpg?1490819459[/IMG]
87warrior

This is looking down on Lake Como (polar plunge) at the top of Poughkeepsie on 7/13 ❄

IMG_20190712_115943.jpg

If anyone is still looking for a radio, just picked up the BaoFeng BF-F8HP (UV-5R 3rd Gen) radio for $45. This was one of the radios recommended on this thread (I hope!)

I believe it's an Amazon Lightning Deal, so not much time left to buy at this price.

If anyone is still looking for a radio, just picked up the BaoFeng BF-F8HP (UV-5R 3rd Gen) radio for $45. This was one of the radios recommended on this thread (I hope!)

I believe it's an Amazon Lightning Deal, so not much time left to buy at this price.

Great little handheld. I will have two or three to loan in my groups for better listening reception.

Here’s an amazon link for others...
BaoFeng BF-F8HP (UV-5R 3rd Gen) 8-Watt Dual Band Two-Way Radio (136-174MHz VHF & 400-520MHz UHF) Includes Full Kit with Large Battery Amazon product ASIN B00MAULSOK

Hey folks, I just wanted to repost the message we sent via email about trail conditions.

"We'd like to provide an update to everyone about the expected status of the trails for the event. We know there are questions about which trails will be open and what will we do if a trail is closed?

While it's no secret that this has been an epic year for snowfall, the reality is that we always have to be prepared to make adjustments for trail conditions, weather, trails being blocked by mudslides or broken vehicles, etc.

As of right now, our plan is to monitor the trail conditions over the next two weekends. If we need to make alternative plans we will work those out in the days leading up to the event. If there are any changes, we will announce those changes at the Wednesday night kickoff (detailed below [in the email]) and adjust the schedule as needed."

Just to give an update on me (that’s sounds vein) but I broke apart the front diff and replaced the air lockers’s bonded seal and o-rings. Replaced the pinion and side (where the CV axles go) seals and then I put it all back together and reset preload and switched to the new ARB bulkhead fitting (black line instead of blue). @Markuson got to hear me shoot brake cleaner in my eyes last night as we were BSing on the phone while I was putting it back together.
3263404E-CD6D-4695-9876-0D03CECD5A6D.jpeg

I’ll have about two days to test it then heading to Colorado. I’m gonna either go to Aspen and try and wheel to Ouray or go to Moab and run rim rocker to Montrose prior to LCDC. If anyone is out and about, let me know. See you guys in the trail, maybe sooner than later.

If I have oil blowing issues again, I’ve got a few last ditch tricks up my sleeves. But I’m trying real hard not to let anyone down that I’m trail leading for and also @codyaustin5 and @indycole as they’ve done a lot of hard planning.

Just so you guys know what’s going on.

Last edited:
@Markuson got to hear me shoot brake cleaner in my eyes last night as we were BSing on the phone while I was putting it back together.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that! I had that happen once when I was cleaning a carb on a small dirtbike engine, and I'll never forget how immediate and intense the pain was o_O

Ouch! Sorry to hear that! I had that happen once when I was cleaning a carb on a small dirtbike engine, and I'll never forget how immediate and intense the pain was o_O

Yep been there done that. Brake cleaner, tuner wash, you name it. Little girl comes right out of ya...

Wheeling is dealing with
Just to give an update on me (that’s sounds vein) but I broke apart the front diff and replaced the air lockers’s bonded seal and o-rings. Replaced the pinion and side (where the CV axles go) seals and then I put it all back together and reset preload and switched to the new ARB bulkhead fitting (black line instead of blue). @Markuson got to hear me shoot brake cleaner in my eyes last night as we were BSing on the phone while I was putting it back together.
View attachment 2032256
I’ll have about two days to test it then heading to Colorado. I’m gonna either go to Aspen and try and wheel to Ouray or go to Moab and run rim rocker to Montrose prior to LCDC. If anyone is out and about, let me know. See you guys in the trail, maybe sooner than later.

If I have oil blowing issues again, I’ve got a few last ditch tricks up my sleeves. But I’m trying real hard not to let anyone down that I’m trail leading for and also @codyaustin5 and @indycole as they’ve done a lot of hard planning.

Just so you guys know what’s going on.

Aw man... If California representatives are reading along...they’ll probably pass a new law against cell phones while wrenching. :)

In Tacos defense... he only said a couple “AAAs!”” for maybe 5 seconds...and something about chlorine in his eyes.. :hillbilly:

Between a handful of brake and carb cleaner incidents and a few scratched corneas from rust and dirt falling in while working under a car I am now a big believer in eye protection.

And it only took almost ten instances of significant pain over the years to make me do it!

Ear pro while using a shop press is another lesson I learned the hard way..

I’ll be in the area before you guys and will provide whatever info I can. Seems like an interesting year for planning out runs..

Less than a week before I hit the road from Maryland. Looking like Louisville, KC, and then CO Springs, wait for the wife to land in Denver. The plan is to hit CO the 26th. Just squaring up little things, packing, seeing what I've already forgotten.

I'm looking for any suggestions on my itinerary to Ouray.

Monday, July 29
Evening: Leaving Orange County, CA and heading out to crash with family in Vegas.​
Tuesday, July 30
Morning: Going to the Grand Canyon (first time) S. entrance Visitor Center. Sightsee an hour or so.​
Afternoon: Head towards Monument Valley, UT. Sightsee and off-road through.​
Evening: Depending on timing I may crash near Monument or continue on and find a campsite.​

Wednesday, July 31
Morning: Head to Ouray. No plans on the way, possibly swing by Mesa Verde NP.​
Afternoon: Arrive in Ouray. Get some beer and head to the BBQ.​

I'm looking for any suggestions on my itinerary to Ouray.

Monday, July 29
Evening: Leaving Orange County, CA and heading out to crash with family in Vegas.​
Tuesday, July 30
Morning: Going to the Grand Canyon (first time) S. entrance Visitor Center. Sightsee an hour or so.​
Afternoon: Head towards Monument Valley, UT. Sightsee and off-road through.​
Evening: Depending on timing I may crash near Monument or continue on and find a campsite.​

Wednesday, July 31
Morning: Head to Ouray. No plans on the way, possibly swing by Mesa Verde NP.​
Afternoon: Arrive in Ouray. Get some beer and head to the BBQ.​

Check out Valley of the Gods loop road for awesome camping as an alternative to the options at Monument Valley. Further, I think there are a couple places on Airbnb where you can camp further in at MV instead of The View or the campground down the road.

If you’re serious about Mesa Verde, consider booking the tour in advance. They sell out quickly.

If anyone ends up with an extra LCDC shirt (preferably women's medium, but men's medium or maybe small would be ok too) let me know

If anyone ends up with an extra LCDC shirt (preferably women's medium, but men's medium or maybe small would be ok too) let me know
Don’t have an extra, but mine arrived today. Check your mail boxes! Thanks Matt @ethernectar !

Below is a men’s xxl and kids s:

906A3020-1A0D-4C7A-B20E-BBF18134A877.jpeg

FBA80B43-BF79-4231-ABF7-02D3370A7C16.jpeg

57AB2C46-414C-40D1-8448-9F2886FD777E.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom