LC & LX470 Tesla Style Screen Radio Upgrade with Climate Control: General Discussions (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm not in the truck at the moment, but if I recall correctly, there's a small square-shaped button in the bottom corner of one of the split screen windows that should activate whether you get full-screen or split screen.
You can remove those unwanted things by diving into settings / user or system settings and there’s an option of “off” I believe that will remove the altimeter stuff. Save and Reboot.

To @Ell Ex and anyone else who might be able to help out:

Did you order any extra add-ons or adapters with your px6? It seems a lot of functionality already exists in the unit even though Rhino Radio pushes a bunch of add-ons for things like CarPlay, obd II, tpms, etc.

just trying to decide what I actually need and if all of these adons are worth the cost

Did you order any extra add-ons or adapters with your px6? It seems a lot of functionality already exists in the unit even though Rhino Radio pushes a bunch of add-ons for things like CarPlay, obd II, tpms, etc.

just trying to decide what I actually need and if all of these adons are worth the cost
I just noticed after having it a few months that there is a wireless way to connect to iPhone/Android in my CarPlay app. But I haven’t gotten it to connect and start CarPlay without plugging it in via usb. Has anyone else figured out how the “ wireless “ connection is supposed to work. Mind you I have a very solid Bluetooth connection so I don’t miss much that way but if I can get CarPlay to open without a cable then that would be great as an option.
While searching for this I now understand that ezconnection is a way to get on WiFi without going into the settings and hitting a series of buttons before getting the tablet to connect to whatever WiFi is available. It connects through my phone when I’m on the road after going into settings and then WiFi and then choosing my phone and then waiting for a solid connection. I think ezconnect app will do this for you and I will test it today. 8861 is the code and I’ve never tapped it in the install set until yesterday and was able to get the outside temperature back. I’m going to investigate the fuel consumption in console app and try to figure out why my DVD player audio works but no visual functions work as of yet.
As far as sound quality, it’s descent. I upgraded my amp and speakers and sub to get a full rich sound and I’m not disappointed with it. Adding an equalizer (physical not app based) is probably the only thing I can do to maximize the investment in a good brand of speakers and amp to get a perfect sound. I’m an audio guy/ musician so I need the sound to be excellent. I haven’t been able to download a Netflix app that works on my tablet. Nor a Disney + app that works. They are both in the play store when I go online but I don’t think my tablet is advanced enough or the OS is too old at 8.1 ?? Anyone have insight here?

car launcher pro is definitely better than stock skin.
Climate controls all work well.
Can’t get rid of the airbag dashboard signal.
Resetting my system to factory reset is a pain but somehow I activated screen lock and if I don’t open the tablet shortly after it starts up then I will be locked out of the tablet until I restart the car. Pain! Tried factory reset and it came back still with screen lock on. Anyone have insight?
I’m glad I got it thanks to Eli and others for braving the waters first.
Px6
Wish I would have gotten the latest Android OS version but all in all I’m happy with it.
Somehow I got the top row of apps that’s always there, to disappear from my home screen but it comes back as soon as I hit any buttons. This is an issue for me using amazon prime video because the videos play from the top of the screen so hall of the video is blocked by that top row of apps. Anyone have the same issue?

there are other user settings that I’m not yet able to alter. They have some sound equalizer settings and volume settings but won’t budge when I change them. Maybe after tapping 8861 and going to those settings it might let me alter them. I’ll update after spending some time today.
It takes a while to get all these details lined up right.
I also ordered internal tire pressure mon sys. I haven’t installed the sensors yet. Maybe today. I might head to a favorite off-road shop in sanoma, mudrak custom cruisers. If so I’ll update if they work and how.

im sure I’m forgetting something but watching the nfc champion niners in the car during the game was great as well as news and nba action or sports center. Caution. It’s better sometimes just to listen vs looking. Easily distracts in slow moving traffic. Could easily rear end somebody. Turning the screen off when it’s just me in the truck helps a lot!!

I ordered a camera from RR I never received. I ordered obd2 reader only to scrap it and get some better higher quality obd2 readers from amazon. Blue driver is currently in my vehicle and it’s very informative. I was also able to connect torque pro obd2 via Bluetooth with a lot of set up frustration but even got the right steps and settings right but then opted for BlueDriver die to its wider range of choices. I haven’t gotten BlueDriver and the tablet to connect however. I use BlueDriver on my iPhone.

I just noticed after having it a few months that there is a wireless way to connect to iPhone/Android in my CarPlay app. But I haven’t gotten it to connect and start CarPlay without plugging it in via usb. Has anyone else figured out how the “ wireless “ connection is supposed to work. Mind you I have a very solid Bluetooth connection so I don’t miss much that way but if I can get CarPlay to open without a cable then that would be great as an option.
While searching for this I now understand that ezconnection is a way to get on WiFi without going into the settings and hitting a series of buttons before getting the tablet to connect to whatever WiFi is available. It connects through my phone when I’m on the road after going into settings and then WiFi and then choosing my phone and then waiting for a solid connection. I think ezconnect app will do this for you and I will test it today. 8861 is the code and I’ve never tapped it in the install set until yesterday and was able to get the outside temperature back. I’m going to investigate the fuel consumption in console app and try to figure out why my DVD player audio works but no visual functions work as of yet.
As far as sound quality, it’s descent. I upgraded my amp and speakers and sub to get a full rich sound and I’m not disappointed with it. Adding an equalizer (physical not app based) is probably the only thing I can do to maximize the investment in a good brand of speakers and amp to get a perfect sound. I’m an audio guy/ musician so I need the sound to be excellent. I haven’t been able to download a Netflix app that works on my tablet. Nor a Disney + app that works. They are both in the play store when I go online but I don’t think my tablet is advanced enough or the OS is too old at 8.1 ?? Anyone have insight here?

car launcher pro is definitely better than stock skin.
Climate controls all work well.
Can’t get rid of the airbag dashboard signal.
Resetting my system to factory reset is a pain but somehow I activated screen lock and if I don’t open the tablet shortly after it starts up then I will be locked out of the tablet until I restart the car. Pain! Tried factory reset and it came back still with screen lock on. Anyone have insight?
I’m glad I got it thanks to Eli and others for braving the waters first.
Px6
Wish I would have gotten the latest Android OS version but all in all I’m happy with it.
Somehow I got the top row of apps that’s always there, to disappear from my home screen but it comes back as soon as I hit any buttons. This is an issue for me using amazon prime video because the videos play from the top of the screen so hall of the video is blocked by that top row of apps. Anyone have the same issue?

there are other user settings that I’m not yet able to alter. They have some sound equalizer settings and volume settings but won’t budge when I change them. Maybe after tapping 8861 and going to those settings it might let me alter them. I’ll update after spending some time today.
It takes a while to get all these details lined up right.
I also ordered internal tire pressure mon sys. I haven’t installed the sensors yet. Maybe today. I might head to a favorite off-road shop in sanoma, mudrak custom cruisers. If so I’ll update if they work and how.

im sure I’m forgetting something but watching the nfc champion niners in the car during the game was great as well as news and nba action or sports center. Caution. It’s better sometimes just to listen vs looking. Easily distracts in slow moving traffic. Could easily rear end somebody. Turning the screen off when it’s just me in the truck helps a lot!!

Edited because I didn’t see the second response initially -

so if I were to summarize, you ordered:
- main unit
- tpms addon
- obo addon
- backup camera

then you scrapped the obd and never received your camera

but you still have car play and Bluetooth capabilities? And internet access through your phone?

Edited because I didn’t see the second response initially -

so if I were to summarize, you ordered:
- main unit
- tpms addon
- obo addon
- backup camera

then you scrapped the obd and never received your camera

but you still have car play and Bluetooth capabilities? And internet access through your phone?
I bought a higher quality pioneer camera anyway. Highly suggested.
wireless CarPlay. Not sure how to make it work yet.
internsl tpms.
Obd2 reader.
those were my options and add ons.

I bought a higher quality pioneer camera anyway. Highly suggested.
wireless CarPlay. Not sure how to make it work yet.
internsl tpms.
Obd2 reader.
those were my options and add ons.
Thanks! I really appreciate the info and guidance. Where would one pick up said camera?

Thanks! I really appreciate the info and guidance. Where would one pick up said camera?

Anyone have experience with the wireless carplay addon?

I think I found it on Amazon. Is it Pioneer NDBC8?
the reason i suggest going by the shop first, unless you are really savvy to these matters, I went with one that cost double that, had something to do with the fitment. I could have just been gassed and didn't know the diff. I trust the guys at the shop and if I squeeze them on install charges maybe they squeeze me on purchase prices... who knows but its all a gamble. Get in the ring as axle rose would say

I haven't gotten it to work either. I usually just use the built-in Google maps and use wifi tethering for data and Bluetooth for audio/phone
same here. Last night i noticed some options on the zlink page that opens or connects to carplay. It had a qr code for scanning im assuming after you install some app that would then allow you to wirelessly connect.. no dice for my attempts... then i also saw a connection page that had something to do with bluetooth and choosing "HU" in your bluetooth setup and some magical car play function is supposed to open.. still no dice. I wonder who on here has it working and what the flow of operations is?? anyone??

I’ve been looking for some of the settings I’ve seen people talk about. I found these in:
system info
User settings
console
Tpms

I’m not certain what they do or if they should adjusted at all.
From what I can tell LC 100 Hi is the correct choice but there are other LC 100 choices.
Still can’t get rid of the yellow Lamborghini on start up.
any insights on these pages would be helpful.
I think the tpms will function after I install the sensors.

9ECE0F59-C18A-43EB-8CE7-74280CA509BA.jpeg

3DAD1098-1CF5-458F-B8C5-B47924320474.jpeg

8CBA1B6F-E040-4A98-9604-5C5EDD04FB35.jpeg

22BC6D33-0835-4CF6-85B0-3283B2F5E331.jpeg

80FF2531-CE5A-443B-8897-9247D1168983.jpeg

I’ve been looking for some of the settings I’ve seen people talk about. I found these in:
system info
User settings
console
Tpms

I’m not certain what they do or if they should adjusted at all.
From what I can tell LC 100 Hi is the correct choice but there are other LC 100 choices.
Still can’t get rid of the yellow Lamborghini on start up.
any insights on these pages would be helpful.
I think the tpms will function after I install the sensors.

View attachment 2190489

View attachment 2190496

View attachment 2190497

View attachment 2190498

View attachment 2190499
Since you went with an aftermarket amplifier, the "Amp Info" settings under Console will no longer work. Those settings interfaced directly with the Levinson amp, so now that it's gone they won't have any effect. Use the Equalizer under Settings instead of the Amp Info under Console for sound adjustments.

So I’m still not seeing anyone having success with the built in carplay capabilities.

I’m wondering if I need to buy it with the wireless carplay module Rhino Radios sells it with. Has anyone tried these? Or is there someone out there who has actually gotten the built in carplay to work?

What options did you add to make it $1300?
Thought others might want to see what I did this week. Replaced the display and all ac controls with a Tesla Tablet style Android radio from Phoenix automotive radio. I like it a lot. I plug in my iPhone and use CarPlay to control music, make calls, navigate, etc. Controls all ventilation, integrated with backup camera and steering wheel controls. Cost about $1300 total, but is pretty sweet having 2019 electronics capabilities in an 06 Cruiser. View attachment 2082589
Did you have any problems with Carplay? Everyone (Rhino Radio and Phoenix Automotive) keep telling me that the builtin carplay doesn't work well and I need to upgrade to their third party dongle.

one more thing id like to add about the tesla screen.. or a few more connected things..
Sirius XM, downloaded the app, installed both on my phone and on my tablet. Rocks!
But if you don't blue tooth the signal to the tablet and decide to use the tablets version of spotify or xm or any audio related app, the sound is fathoms below the bluetooth sound and the quality overall is just ultra lacking. Some of you may have this worked out.. not sure it's an issue for anyone but I was confused a lot as to why my audio would sound really weak at times and it turned out to be the times when my bluetooth was off. Once it's on and I connect to apple car play, everything sounds amazing again. Relatively amazing that is. The local radio is a good example as well. My local radio stations sound descent as opposed to my xm or spoitify from the tablet. To be clear, from the tablet means i'm online via wifi or hot spot from my phone and using the tablets version of the same apps that are on my phone natively. So when I connect bluetooth and run those same apps, the sound is ten times better.

If anyone has wireless carplay working, please share how you set it up. My RR order included wireless carplay but I have yet to get it to work.

Thx in advance

Since you went with an aftermarket amplifier, the "Amp Info" settings under Console will no longer work. Those settings interfaced directly with the Levinson amp, so now that it's gone they won't have any effect. Use the Equalizer under Settings instead of the Amp Info under Console for sound adjustments.
Did you connect yours directly to the Levinson amp? Have you noticed any drop in sound quality like @martianluther ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom