Builds Land Crusher Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great idea for the shovel mount. I've actually just been throwing mine in the trasharoo, ha.

Yeah, see... my gf likes to hangout in the trasharoo so the shovel had to find a new spot :rofl:
upload_2018-6-17_0-0-0.png

Rev 2 of the cooler hold down system for the cooler mount is finally starting to take shape. Ignore the super long cheese grade fasteners, it was all I had, a resupply from McMaster will be here soon. It will be lockable and I am thinking I'll weld the nuts to the square tubing so they are captive... that way, the faster heads are protected by the locked lever and someone can't get to the nuts with an adjustable wrench... aka, more of a pita to take my stuff :) I guess someone could still take bolt cutters to the 3/8" threaded rod section... maybe I will come up with something for that, idk, it's late and I should probably be working on my FEA homework...

55091106137__BEDBAE69-236C-421D-8D78-C9117B297488.jpeg

55091106718__7306E7E5-EDC4-4A3E-86DC-68384951D216.jpeg

Getting the bottom of the tube section notched to mate with the 1.25 DOM on the cooler mount is not fun. It's not perfectly centered, I know. I will give it all a good cleaning up, pre (and post) weld so that the fitup is decent. More and more I am wanting a manual mill in the garage....so that I can build a 2x72 belt grinder to make these parts easier ;)

Last edited:
Yup! That would have been my FIRST upgrade if I lived in AZ ;)

It's been looooong overdue. PO had some tint done but it faded pretty bad... and my windshield got replaced so that tint was gone.

5% all around and 50% on the whole windshield.

It's been looooong overdue. PO had some tint done but it faded pretty bad... and my windshield got replaced so that tint was gone.

5% all around and 50% on the whole windshield.

Very curious how the windshield tint works out. Been considering it on mine as I live in Central TX. Our laws will only allow us to put a max of 80 on the front. But, it adds a TON of UV and heat protection supposedly.

Very curious how the windshield tint works out. Been considering it on mine as I live in Central TX. Our laws will only allow us to put a max of 80 on the front. But, it adds a TON of UV and heat protection supposedly.

Lets just say that the legality is questionable. But it makes an enormous difference... with the rest of the windows really dark, it's hard to tell that the windshield is tinted when looking form the outside. It's not cheap, I think I ended up paying around 150 to get the windshield alone tinted. When I had the front glass replaced and lost the windshield tint, I REALLY missed it.

I saw some sweet vintage Shasta and Aristocrat trailers up at HIH. I have been eyeing those as well. Guess we will see tomorrow :beer:

I saw some sweet vintage Shasta and Aristocrat trailers up at HIH. I have been eyeing those as well. Guess we will see tomorrow :beer:

@CruiseLanderAZ is coming over to install his lift in the morning.

BUT...I’ll tell you... 1997 80 series :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom