L-seat vs Ridies Review DIY Comparison (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are my Ridies napa after 9 months of regular weekend abuse and irregular weekly errands. Kinda seem to be getting darker with wear. Might just be neglect. I've never cleaned them. I'm happy though. Back seats are original, for color comparison.

View attachment 2897417

View attachment 2897418

View attachment 2897419

View attachment 2897420
@vjpkrmnc
I'm very close to ordering a set of Napa seats from Ridies. What color did you go with for your LC? Are you still happy with them? Thanks

The Light Tan color matches best to my LX470 OEM Ivory seats. From the photos I thought sandstone might be better, but when I got the samples, the Light Tan was the best match. Choosing between genuine and nappa, the nappa texture appeared closest to OEM. I had three color samples sent. No charge for samples.

2 year, 25k mile update
IMG_8322.jpeg

IMG_8323.jpeg

IMG_8325.jpeg

IMG_8324.jpeg

IMG_8322.jpeg

Last edited:
My ridies are 3 years old and not holding up well at all. The drivers seat is cracking between the perforations but the arm rest and console covers that aren't perforated are also not holding up well at all. I regret going with Ridies and don't recommend their products, especially because if you try to make a warranty claim (3 years), they will completely ignore/ghost you. At this rate, I'll be replacing these in 2 years I'd guess.

My ridies are 3 years old and not holding up well at all. The drivers seat is cracking between the perforations but the arm rest and console covers that aren't perforated are also not holding up well at all. I regret going with Ridies and don't recommend their products, especially because if you try to make a warranty claim (3 years), they will completely ignore/ghost you. At this rate, I'll be replacing these in 2 years I'd guess.
I had major quality issues from day one. They basically said sorry not sorry and would do nothing to fix the issues or compensate me for the defective product. Fortunately my credit card company refunded me. I'll probably dye the bolster in a year or so to hide the cracks but I doubt I get more than another 3 years out of these. Unfortunately my experience at 2 years with lseat was similar as far as wear. Not sure what I'll do then. I plan to keep this rig for a very very long time.

I had major quality issues from day one. They basically said sorry not sorry and would do nothing to fix the issues or compensate me for the defective product. Fortunately my credit card company refunded me. I'll probably dye the bolster in a year or so to hide the cracks but I doubt I get more than another 3 years out of these. Unfortunately my experience at 2 years with lseat was similar as far as wear. Not sure what I'll do then. I plan to keep this rig for a very very long time.

Same, I'll just eat s*** and buy a better (hopefully) product in a couple of years when I can't live with my cracked seats anymore. I have no plans to drive anything different for another 9 years, and no way these seats are going to make it.

Same, I'll just eat s*** and buy a better (hopefully) product in a couple of years when I can't live with my cracked seats anymore. I have no plans to drive anything different for another 9 years, and no way these seats are going to make it.
Looks like there are alot more options now than there were 3 years ago. Unfortunately they are probably all garbage. I still have my old upholstery. Maybe I'll just have it repaired.

You will most likely have the same longevity issues with any aftermarket leather products you can find. I think cloth seat covers or even vinyl might be more durable in the long run.
I have no affiliation with @Ridies whatsoever, but I can tell you that their leather is definitely top notch and the workmanship, of at least the set I received, was as good as I have seen anywhere. The leather was pretty thick and consistent. All seems were properly sewed together, no holes or missed stitches or crooked, inconsistent workmanship anywhere. All pieces were 100% leather. Usually I have seen non-sitting surfaces are made of cheap synthetic materials (even OEM does that!). They were also sourced from Karachi, Pakistan which is one of the hubs for finished leather goods. Many expensive name brands source their leather goods from there.

The fact that their customer service and after sales support is non-existent is really off putting and definitely inexcusable.

I have been running Ridies for just over a year, so far I haven't seen any issues yet, but I am sure mine will follow the same wear patterns as others. I know L-seats product is objectively inferior, but I am curious how other brands do after a few years of use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom