L-seat vs Ridies Review DIY Comparison (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interesting that your CC company would immediately deny- if its with in 30 days of purchase you usually have some recourse. Was it a debit card?

I was looking at their warranty & return policy, and I'd rate your issue with the plastic under seat attachment as "defective". They state right in their policy :

If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please follow the guidelines detailed below and we will be happy to help you. You must contact us before you return the item."
  • Returns must be initiated within 14-days after receiving the product
  • Only items in original conditions are accepted
  • Buyers are responsible for the postage fees of returns, unless we shipped you wrong item
  • Returns must not have any tears, punctures, rips, stains, etc
  • A restocking fee of 15% of the price may apply. A full refund will apply only if the product was defective in material or workmanship
If you contacted ridies' with in 14days of receipt- you should be good. You can explain to your CC company that you have attempted to resolve the issue and the merchant has declined to meet your request to remedy a defective item. If they don't open a case for you, change CC providers.

I've only had two situations where I needed my CC company to reverse the charges. Fortunately, they came out swinging for me both times.

Yes, really wish they would fix this issue. It has been discussed at length before. Clearly the seller for these covers doesn't have the clout (or willingness) to have this corrected. But it needs to be done.

View attachment 2619085
View attachment 2619086
I guess if we all keep on buying them and there aren't decent options it won't be worth it to change. Thanks for the photos.

Last edited:
Curious... how many of you guys actually installed the new leathers yourself, like DIY?
Also, what is your background experiences with swapping leathers?

Simply asking because I'm interested in trying the leather swap myself (I have a set of Ridies for the fronts).
I might try to do as much as I can, and then have a professional do it when I get stuck...

Any tips or tricks you can share for successful leather swap?
Thanks in advance~

Curious... how many of you guys actually installed the new leathers yourself, like DIY?
Also, what is your background experiences with swapping leathers?

Simply asking because I'm interested in trying the leather swap myself (I have a set of Ridies for the fronts).
I might try to do as much as I can, and then have a professional do it when I get stuck...

Any tips or tricks you can share for successful leather swap?
Thanks in advance~
This is the guide that I’ll be following whenever my new seat covers show up. It’s pretty in depth.

I got the Ridies perforated front set. So far so good, no complaints other than the leather cleaner I've used on previous seat leather, and other manufacturers seat leather, takes paint off of the console cover. No idea why.

As far as installation, I had 3-4 local installers turn the job down as they didn't want to install a kit they didn't source themselves. I finally found a place to do it, and it was satisfactory, they didn't mention any problems with the kit.

@Ridies claims that LSeat uses vinyl on sides and back. Is this true? Can someone with LSeat clarify?

This very likely!
I didn't notice a difference between lseat panels when I installed. When I exchanged emails with rides recently they said lseat was all vinyl. I don't know what to believe. Rides does feel more like leather but as mentioned above the fit and quality of material is lacking.

Soms more salient info, according to BBB ...

Lseat address is a storage unit facility
Ridies address is both a post office and a suburban home

I'd wager that neither is a high volume manufacturer. Perhaps both are simply distribution companies.

3BCD2DC8-E3BC-41C3-922D-36840045B19E.jpeg
C4B7C928-2949-465B-B9BE-087A48774145.jpeg

Ridies nappa installed along with new seat pads, new carpet, and dynamat under. Rides like a 2006 Cadillac. Zero complaints. Pro installer did say the seats were a b----.

Those look great.

I'm more interested to see how these seat leathers hold up over 10 years / 120k miles. Then a comparison to the OEM skins is worthwhile to justify the decreased cost of the aftermarket units, or the increased cost of the OEM skins.

I installed a set of Lseat in the front two eats for my 2001, roughly 3 years ago.
My driver side is already in need of replacement. Passenger side not so much, but it rarely gets used.
I would have thought they would have lasted longer, but at the price they sell them for, I guess you get what you pay for.
Went with oak color.

It's a shame there is not a better option out there.

Has anybody tried the Land cruiser heaven ones?

Lseat does use vinyl on the sides and what not. Seats looks 3-tone now in certain light - leather, vinyl and plastic surrounds all different shades...
I had a pro install, well worth the $300 to save my time and frustration.
You get what you pay for. I figure if it last 3-5 years, the rears will need it by then and I will go full Ridies.
I didn't know about Ridies prior to ordering Lseat, but would have paid the extra for having all the same shade even if It didn't match the plastic bits perfect.
But the new steering wheel recover and thicker from Dallas Steering Wheels is dopeAF.
And the carpet is missing and will be mocha brown from ACC this week.

62D24006-853F-4336-81BA-20B72D3A2FC7.jpeg

I'm more interested to see how these seat leathers hold up over 10 years / 120k miles. Then a comparison to the OEM skins is worthwhile to justify the decreased cost of the aftermarket units, or the increased cost of the OEM skins.
I'm not sure oem should be the gold standard. My 68 bug's (albeit vinyl) seats held up better than my 2006 Toyota's. I have two other cars with leather seats older than the LC which also do not require replacement any time soon. Many factors of course. If Ridies last five years and oem aren't even sold anymore (right?), it's a small price to pay (again) for medium term
gratification. Sure makes a huge difference in my enjoyment of the rig now. New foam may be a big part of that though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom