Interesting that your CC company would immediately deny- if its with in 30 days of purchase you usually have some recourse. Was it a debit card?
I was looking at their warranty & return policy, and I'd rate your issue with the plastic under seat attachment as "defective". They state right in their policy :
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please follow the guidelines detailed below and we will be happy to help you. You must contact us before you return the item."
If you contacted ridies' with in 14days of receipt- you should be good. You can explain to your CC company that you have attempted to resolve the issue and the merchant has declined to meet your request to remedy a defective item. If they don't open a case for you, change CC providers.
- Returns must be initiated within 14-days after receiving the product
- Only items in original conditions are accepted
- Buyers are responsible for the postage fees of returns, unless we shipped you wrong item
- Returns must not have any tears, punctures, rips, stains, etc
- A restocking fee of 15% of the price may apply. A full refund will apply only if the product was defective in material or workmanship
I've only had two situations where I needed my CC company to reverse the charges. Fortunately, they came out swinging for me both times.