Keystone Cruisers Next Monthly Run is June 10th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm out, sorry guys. The wife convinced her mother to watch the boys on Saturday so I can take her to Jones Beach for a romantic overnight. I'm going to take the cruiser out to fire island and try to drive on the beach!

Have fun, be safe everyone.

Some pictures from today's run. It was a blast, had a great time. Thanks for all the help, again.... Learning more every time. Great group to learn from.

My muffler started really making noise about halfway home. I pulled over and there was an old campaign sign with that wire frame holding the plastic up. That was a lot stronger than the wire I got from Gary, so I got underneath again and wired it up. Made it home okay.

Oh, the sliders, yeah, I would have been crushed without them today. Very impressed with the Cruisen Off Road sliders.

20170610_111919.jpg

20170610_112342.jpg

20170610_100317.jpg

20170610_140122.jpg

20170610_175952.jpg

Last edited:
I've got video, can't load from my phone for some reason. Says it's an error, no mp4?
Some pictures from today's run. It was a blast, had a great time. Thanks for all the help, again.... Learning more every time. Great group to learn from.

My muffler started really making noise about halfway home. I pulled over and there was an old campaign sign with that wire frame holding the plastic up. That was a lot stronger than the wire I got from Gary, so I got underneath again and wired it up. Made it home okay.

Oh, the sliders, yeah, I would have been crushed without them today. Very impressed with the Cruisen Off Road sliders.

View attachment 1476456

View attachment 1476459

View attachment 1476462

View attachment 1476463

View attachment 1476464
What an awesome time!! Great people and great trails - thanks for having me! I'll try to post some pics ;)

IMG_9004.JPG

IMG_9019.JPG

IMG_9023.JPG

IMG_9028.JPG

IMG_9036.JPG

Yeah was a good day except for Andy's brakes not cooperating. That's an odd problem. We did several of the best trails- the culvert trail, twister, barney rubble, and the short technical trail(forget the name) where Aaron's frame broke. Had to get the straps out a few times because of high-centering but there were really no problems. Found a few more blackish trails one need to be further explored. It may even border on being a red so we skipped it as it was getting late in the afternoon (at least for me). It rained on me all the way up, only had the bikini top on the 40 but it worked out well. Sun came out as I was pulling into the lot! Needed up being quite humid and of course there was a lot of water everywhere with all the rain overnight. My truck was absolutely filthy and took quite awhile to get cleaned up this morning. Was good to wheel with Debbie hadn't done so in a few years her rig and driving are top notch. I think she had a pretty good time.

Greg and I talked about one or two more visits to AOAA before coal mine to check out that last black that he pin dropped on his phone app, and I'd like to spend some time in the property across the road from the staging area.

There was a group of FJ Cruisers there, a Jeep group or two, and a fairly large group of rovers. We saw two jeeps at a distance yesterday while we were stopped for lunch, otherwise didn't run into a full sized vehicle the entire day.

I would say Chris got his money's worth already from his new sliders! And he sure did put on a show going up Twister locked only in the rear and with no lift on his truck, it was quite the entertaining production! He's not afraid to use the skinny pedal!!!!!!

Last edited:
What an awesome time!! Great people and great trails - thanks for having me! I'll try to post some pics ;)

Any time Deb, you're fun to wheel with and have a great attitude.

I would say Chris got his money's worth already from his new sliders! And he sure did put on a show going up Twister locked only in the rear and with no lift on his truck, it was quite the entertaining production! He's not afraid to use the skinny pedal!!!!!!

That was hilarious, even if I get peppered in the face with dirt and rocks! Unforunately, I did not have my camera and hate using the iphone as a camera.

Effin' awesome! Grabbing it by the horns...Go Deb!

Thanks guys! It was great wheeling with you and will def be needing an August, September, October, etc fix after I get back....just arrived at Summit in Ouray CO after a wild n wonderful week in Moab :) Thanks Jody for sharing my Hells Gate pix - what an epic event!!! Still flying high from it, and yes, the LT rear made all the difference...really planted and agile on the steeps. This morning I ran Fins n Things and in a spot where even Icon long travel setups lost contact my Metal Tech/Radflo did not! Extremely impressed ;)
image.jpeg

Hell's Gate can be intimidating when you first see it. The first time I did it I was with @fireball and we didn't realize that the exit back up was even more pucker worthy... The second time I had @Jakes40 riding shotgun, I missed the line about mid way up the exit and the r/s of the truck slid down sideways. I was actually a bit concerned being that my brakes felt like they would barely hold the vehicle in place.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom