Keystone Cruisers Next Monthly Run is August 12th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm experiencing an overheating issue on the 80 under heavy loading (pretty much anything uphill with the 3fe). Thinking it's the fan clutch. If I can get it sorted, I'll be in for the maiden voyage with this rig.

I'm experiencing an overheating issue on the 80 under heavy loading (pretty much anything uphill with the 3fe). Thinking it's the fan clutch. If I can get it sorted, I'll be in for the maiden voyage with this rig.

Also get a radiator cap at 1.3 Bar. This will help. Also more distilled water. 60/40 or 70/30 mix. 70/30 should be for warm weather only.

Thanks @Stevesnj. It has a new water pump, thermostat, radiator, radiator cap, and has 50/50 mix in it. The rusty sludge I drained out of it when I bought the truck was concerning, hoping it's nothing more serious.

I'm not hearing the fan upon start up nor do I hear it cycling. I'm hoping that is the problem. I'll be hitting up @beno tomorrow for a parts order.

I'll take this to the thread I started "new addition to the stable" if things progress.

I'm not hearing the fan upon start up nor do I hear it cycling.
If your 3FE doesn't sound like a DC10 when you start it, then that's the problem. The fan should be able to hold a small cat against the radiator. Also be certain the fan shroud has a good seal against the radiator.

Thanks @jonheld . I searched a few of your earlier posts and saw that. Ordering the fan clutch today...fingers crossed!

Let's make this happen! @dci blair is coming to help me out with a new water pump this weekend so the BJ74 will be ready to hit the trails for the first time since April 2015.

If the weather is good I'd like to camp on Friday night.

Andy, thanks for the reply. The radiator was the first thing I had to replace, and boy was that ever a pain to get here in 1 piece! Fan clutch should be here tomorrow. Hoping to get it fitted and see you all on the trails on the 12th.

I spoke too soon. Wife and I are flying down to New Orleans to pick up a 200-series next weekend so will miss the wheeling trip.

I don't see camping as being very attractive...

I cannot camp when the moon is in waxing gibbous phase, it's just not right.

See you all on Saturday morning!

IMG_3993.PNG

But in all seriousness..waxing gibbous can cause tempoary mental unstability!

That's my story, and I'm sticking wifh it...:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

But in all seriousness..waxing gibbous can cause tempoary mental unstability!

That's my story, and I'm sticking wifh it...:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

The 11th will be a waning gibbous... I'd hate to see what that causes.
Does look like rain too. I'm going to follow it next week and If it clears up I'm going to camp Friday night.

Wait a minute, @Crusha, you wax your gibbous? That must hurt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom