Keystone Cruisers Next Monthly Run is August 12th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unfortunately not making this one, the LC is down with a new noise I need to track down this weekend.

8:30 at the parking lot?

Keystone Cruisers are a punctual lot...8:30ish in the lot, sign in, air down, and on the trail no later than 9:00.

If you guys decide to hit the Western Reserve, get over there as early as possible.

Don't forget to fill out the online waiver here to save some time.

I'm out. Ever have gout? My wife does. She normally has one good arm and one good leg. The gout is in her foot, so she's down to one good arm. Spends her time driving her wheelchair in circles. I need to be here to help. Have fun, folks.

My dad had/has gout in his knee. Not pleasant from what I remember.

I'll be there at 8:30 in a blue fj cruiser. Once we all meet up we can figure the best route and trails to take based on the rigs/skills/gear we have and make a decision based on that.

Had a really good day out today. It was super foggy on the way up, but wasn't too bad once I got to AOAA. Six trucks total. It was myself, my buddy Brian, @joabmc , @BROKEROB1 , @77landsitter , and @Stairgod.

We started out on the Culvert trail which was a little slick due to the rain, and right off the bat Brian slid off a rock and banged up his quarter panel. @77landsitter found out he was having a minor carb issue, but nothing major and we pressed on. From there we hit up twister, one of my favorite trails in the park. I was really impressed with @BROKEROB1 40 with how well it was doing with open diff's and being relatively stock compared to the rest of us. Both his truck and driving skills were quite impressive.

From twister we headed on over to the Barney Rubble trail and at the end of the trail we parked up for some lunch. As we were wrapping up lunch several buggys and a couple extremely modified XJ's came down the steep hill climb. We waited for them to get situated, and then we all worked our way up the hill climb. At this point my memory of the routes we took in the past began to fade, and we took a right at the top of the hill. I was hunting for the trail that would take us up to Renee's hill, but I was unsuccessful. If we found it I'm certain @Stairgod would have wanted a crack at hit. His truck was very capable and his long wheel base may have been advantageous on that climb. We ended up working back out to the main access trail and kicked tires for a few minutes. Brian parted ways as his back was bothering him, and @77landsitter decided it would be wise to call it a day with his running issues and being so close to the main office.

Once they left a half dozen or so HUGE lifted mudder trucks on 54" tractor tires came buy. Once we turned around I spotted one of the less modified ones stuck in a mudhole right off the main road. We decided from there we going to head for rusty shackle, but only found the exit so we turned around and went down the Excelsior Swamp trail and it was, well, swampy. I went through the first mud hole and barely made it, so I opted for the bypass for the next round. I found myself pinned on a tree, so with the help of the remaining guys I got situated and got to watch the muddy trucks roll by with ease.

We worked our way back out to another of the main trails, and hopped onto another trail which I can't remember the number of. A short while down the trail it was apparent it was meant for quads and SXS, not full size rigs. We pressed on, and I'm sure we all got some nice new pinstripes. I swear, it was the longest trail I have ever been on, as it seemed to be never ending. Of course this we be the case on a trail you don't want to be on.

Once we reached the safety of the main trail we headed back towards the main office. We ducked into the trails behind there to check out a couple of the blues back there. Found a few nice hill climbs. We got to the top of the hill climb and found ourselves on the powerline trail behind the office. The skies were looking threatening so we decided to call it a day while we could still air up and remain dry doing so.

All in all it was a great day. My first time trail leading, and although a tad stressful I really enjoyed myself. It was a great group of guys to have with my first time out as everyones skills and rigs made it easy. Really looking forward to doing some more exploring and hopefully hitting up the west side next time.

I'll post up some pics and videos as time allows.

Here's what I got to start.

IMG_8231.JPG

IMG_8232.JPG

IMG_8240.JPG

IMG_8246.JPG

IMG_8251.JPG

@dci blair Did a fine job today! Always feel like it's super easy to get turned around at AOAA. We had a lot of fun exploring. Especially the ATV trails!! Haha! We had at the least an inch or two to spare on either side so no worries...
Hope @77landsitter gets his carb sorted out. Sounded like it was loading up quite a bit. And @Stairgod has one hell of a taco to say the least.
Let me know if Brian is able to buff that kiss he received from the tree.
And @BROKEROB1 rig was awesome for its first trip out. That rig amazed me on every obstacle or climb. He drove that thing like a pro.
And I drove back through all of the storms, hail and Tornado warnings on my way back to Lewistown. I think a good time was had be all. Hope to hit another run in November hopefully.

Guys- what a great day, wish I could have been there!!!! Sounds like a lot of fun and excitement. Good to hear Rob is back in the saddle I haven't wheeled with him since the paragon days and the very beginning of the first version of this club. I have not been on all the trails you guys did and am looking forward to trying them out later this year. Great writeup Blair and a great job of leading the group!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom