Builds Keaton's '03 LX470 Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@128keaton I had the same issue with my Night View. Had a non factory windshield in the LX so it didnt work very well anyway. Ended up remove the entire night view system in the dash and made a temporary cover out of thick plastic. Like you said the top of the night view was most likely made out of recycled trash bags maybe some q tips in there also.
Hmm I am fortunate enough to have a windshield that was replaced by the PO with a Night View windshield, so I think I am going to aim to keep the system. I have the shell intact again, now its about sanding, painting, and reattaching. Looking for a color that is close to the dash as possible. I'd love to see what your cover ended up looking like though, if I decide to go that route. It would free up that spot to add a locker switch if I wanted to in the future!

Also! Bentonville! I have a friend that I frequent in Little Rock. Great area!

Last edited:
Well, I think I might want to tackle mounting my CB soon, not sure where to put it. The unit is relatively compact, thinking maybe taking out the CD/DVD changer box and putting it there with velcro. Again, not sure yet, but I haven't found much on here for good/non-ghetto mounting locations. Any thoughts/pictures would be appreciated.

Well, I think I might want to tackle mounting my CB soon, not sure where to put it. The unit is relatively compact, thinking maybe taking out the CD/DVD changer box and putting it there with velcro. Again, not sure yet, but I haven't found much on here for good/non-ghetto mounting locations. Any thoughts/pictures would be appreciated.

Did that for a HAM install. Works well. Haven't owned a disc since the Gen3 iPhone.

Have a passenger side headlamp assembly if you want it. It's not pretty (...sun-frosted), but it's whole. Same deal.

Might make a spontaneous trip to Colorado soon. Not sure. Excited to see the LX on a long distance drive. Parked next to this white LX today and noticed it appeared much taller. Tires are maybe 0.2" - 0.3" taller. Not sure what else would factor in other than coils

Finally stopped raining to get some decent photos.

Poser status: achieved.

Don't worry, I bombed down the road into some mud.

I have sinned, oh ih8mud forgive me.
I have not replaced my heater Ts.

I just ordered new Whiteline steering bushings, new OEM front mud flaps (plus brackets, screws, and clips), new Denso spark plugs, and new heater Ts!

(and yes, I know how mud feels about MOOG. I figured for $8 I couldn't go wrong..)

Last edited:
All of this is in preparation for the 1200 mile trip I have planned on the 14th. Memphis to Keystone. I have no doubts the LX will make it fine, these parts are just icing on the cake.

Might make a spontaneous trip to Colorado soon. Not sure. Excited to see the LX on a long distance drive. Parked next to this white LX today and noticed it appeared much taller. Tires are maybe 0.2" - 0.3" taller. Not sure what else would factor in other than coilsView attachment 1913254
Coil spacers, which I also need to get.

I think Trail Taylor has some on his website.

I did a VGRS steering reset/calibration after seeing my sensor report the steering as "1150 deg"..

Drives straight and the steering feels great!

Well, darn. Just as I thought I was fixing problems, another one pops up. I cleared a C1340 code earlier this week, but I noticed that my 'VSC' and 'TRAC OFF' lights would not come on when I engaged my CDL. I can hear the CDL engage, maybe the switch on the t-case is bad?

Replaced the spark plugs with Denso units, replaced the air filter, cleaned the TB flapper and the MAF sensor. I believe it idles smoother. Plugs needed to be done pretty badly. Fortunately, all of the vacuum hoses were in great shape. Shipment from LexusPartsNow comes in today. Excited!

I'll check out the t-case switches tomorrow to see if I can get my CDL working right again.

I also received my Nolathane bushings, hopefully this will fix some of the looseness in the steering.

Couldn't help myself.. With my upcoming Colorado trip, I ordered a new windshield seal at the top. Was reused when the windshield was replaced and lets a bit of air in above the driver's side. Noticeable above 40, very loud at 80. Also ordered the two sides, just because those are very warped.

Ordered the large rack bushing since the Nolathane kit did not include that bushing.

Finally, ordered two more cushions for my center console. Should not rattle or move anymore!

Well, given that today is my birthday, I was given the option to select some tires as a gift. Very timely, I was a tad concerned taking the worn out Michelins to Colorado and back. I just secured a set of 275/65/R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers at Discount Tire that should be installed on Monday.

Well, given that today is my birthday, I was given the option to select some tires as a gift. Very timely, I was a tad concerned taking the worn out Michelins to Colorado and back. I just secured a set of 275/65/R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers at Discount Tire that should be installed on Monday.

Awesome! That is a great birthday present. I have the BFG's on my LX right now and when those are toast I am going with the Ridge Grapplers. I have heard some good things about those tires. They will look great on the LX.

Awesome! That is a great birthday present. I have the BFG's on my LX right now and when those are toast I am going with the Ridge Grapplers. I have heard some good things about those tires. They will look great on the LX.
Thank you! I agree! I feel super blessed. I hadn't looked into the Ridge Grapplers since I thought they were a M/T, until I called Discount Tire about the Dueler Revo3s and the rep said "Are you sure you want the Revo3s? Those suck, " and proceeded to tell me what he could get, for less, that was rated better. I thought about the BFG KO2s, but I did not want a 10-ply tire. Our roads here suck. $1070 installed, with a 10% rebate off of that was a great price.

Thank you! I agree! I feel super blessed. I hadn't looked into the Ridge Grapplers since I thought they were a M/T, until I called Discount Tire about the Dueler Revo3s and the rep said "Are you sure you want the Revo3s? Those suck, " and proceeded to tell me what he could get, for less, that was rated better. I thought about the BFG KO2s, but I did not want a 10-ply tire. Our roads here suck. $1070 installed, with a 10% rebate off of that was a great price.

Not bad at all. I love Discount Tire. I believe the Ridge Grappler is a hybrid tire between an A/T and M/T tire. I had the Falken Wildpeak M/T on my 4runner and I will never run a true mud tire again for a daily driver. Big big mistake. Can't wait to see pics once you have these installed. They will change the look of your LX.

New shoes and mud flaps!

Heater Ts and headlight adjustment (got lucky!)

Could you elaborate on the headlight adjustment? Thanks!
I only did it on the passenger side since the driver's side was aligned correctly. The passenger side has a little white dowel sticking out the back that adjusts the angle up or down. A 1/4" drive 3/8" fit perfectly over (and incidentally got stuck on there) the dowel and at that point, I just used a 1/4" drive extender, a 1/4" to 3/8" drive adaptor, and a 3/8" ratchet to adjust up and down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom