Kavik 100 Series Front Bumper (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kavik

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Thanks for taking a look. This bumper is designed for 1998 to 2007 Toyota UZJ100 and Lexus LX470’s. It is a 3 piece design (center section and 2 outer sections), individually welded and surface finished. It’s all aluminum, with the exception of Grade 8 hardware, and an optional steel winch plate. Bull Bar and non-Bull Bar outer sections are interchangeable. Shipping, assembly, and installation are fairly painless. No pallets, no trucking companies, no forklifts, no jack stack stands, no floorjacks (well, maybe a floorjack is helpful). Just a UPS guy delivering to your casa and a driveway. It requires a little grinding on the factory framehorn and some drilling. The factory bumper can be reinstalled anytime.

Initially, there will be 4 models – UZJ100 with or without Bull Bar & LX470 with or without Bull Bar. Our winch plate can be added/subtracted at any time.

Why aluminum?

It’s light. Like 30 pound bumper, light. Or, 40 lbs with bull bar. No need to upgrade torsion bars or shocks (adding a winch changes that dynamic).

It’s stiff. At essentially the same weight of the OEM bumper it replaces, it is way more substantial than a plastic cover over a steel channel.

It’s very corrosion resistant. Although uncoated aluminum does not rust like steel, it does “oxidize”. But, it only forms an oxide coating on the surface over time and exposure. It does not corrode, bubble, or get eaten away like in steel structures. Add your favorite Primer/Paint/Powdercoat, and it will keep this bumper looking fresh longer than your steel bodied truck.

It’s replaceable. This bumper will not take a big hit like a 1 piece, fully welded 100 lb steel bumper. No question. However, if you do incur significant damage to any of the 3 sections, you can simply order a replacement section.

It’s different. There a plenty of great choices in steel. But, I feel there is a new generation of builds on the horizon that are striking a balance between stock, practical daily drivers and the traditional, heavily laden, bulletproof expedition rigs.

A quick bit about myself.

I grew up in Land Cruisers. Countless trips, all over Arizona in my brother’s FJ40 as a kid. Bought my Dad’s FJ55 at 18. Built up a FJ60. Still own a FZJ80 and UZJ100.

Professionally, I’ve been in manufacturing, metal fabrication, and product development for 25+ years. I’m a 6G Certified Aerospace TIG welder in steel and aluminum. It’s been a long time in the making to finally get to offer Land Cruiser related products.

Pricing:

$1000 for the Basic Bumper (includes hardware, raw finish) Specify UZJ100 or LX470

$1250 for the Bull Bar Bumper (includes hardware, raw finish) Specify UZJ100 or LX470

Current Options:

LED Turn Signals +$65 No longer offered. All bumpers will have signal holes, but lamps not included. Old school ARB lamps, and VW MKII "small bumper" lamps fit.

Satin Black Powdercoat +$150 +$175

Winch Plate +$95 Currently $125, but may go up depending on market fluctuation. +$175

Price does not include shipping.

However, your Bumper ships in a UPS shippable box from Phoenix, AZ to your door. I will do my best to get you an accurate shipping quote at time of purchase. If a group of locals in your area want to consolidate shipping to a particular address, let me know.

Estimated lead time is 3-4 weeks 6-8 weeks. Order volume and powdercoating affects leadtime.

Below is a list, in chronological order, from this thread Who makes this bumper? of Mud Members who appeared to be interested.

Please let me know if you would like to be removed from the list. If you are definitely interested and/or ready to buy now, please confirm and help me update your truck year/model and location. This will help to get the shortest possible leadtime to get you a bumper. If you would like to be added to the list, please post in this thread or PM.

***List has been taken off-line, please contact by email to get in Queue***

Thanks again for your interest. I plan to expand to other products (step sliders, rear bumper, roof racks), but I want to focus on this bumper to kick things off. I’m very excited to get to contribute to this great community.

Regards,

Brian aka Kavik

***Edit***

Based on inquiries, I'm inclined to include turn signal holes on all bumpers (previously excluded on the UZJ100 bumper). Adding them after the fact, and/or including the lamps themselves has proven to be a challenge. The lamps are readily available on eBay, so you guys would be ordering the same bits I would anyway. I currently have shells with and without, but will eventually phase out the non-signal bumpers. So, if you specifically DO NOT want turn signal holes, please speak up and order soon.

I am also requesting a deposit on current orders to create a more direct path to build/deliver. If you haven't emailed us yet, please do so we can get you a formal Estimate. This is invaluable in keeping track of everyone, and expediting your order.

info@kavikoffroad.com

Please include:
Your name
Your Mud name
Your Truck year and model
Billing address
Shipping address (if different) please note Residence or Business
preferred payment method (Paypal or Bank Transfer)

bumper model and options.

Check www.kavikoffroad.com for current list of options.

Thanks again to everyone!

Oh, yeah....pics

@Kavik
BC_Sedona.jpg

@LandCruiserPhil
phil_front.jpg

LX1_web.jpg

BLC1.jpg

Last edited:
Bull Bar

tundra_5_spoke.jpg

weld1.jpg

weld2.jpg

weld3.jpg

Last edited:
I'm on this list.... If all works out, I'll be in for a bull bar version, powder coated and with turn signals.

Also - Can you change my location to Colorado Springs? I'm about to move there from Illinois and will be there by the time my name comes up on the list by the look of things. I'd be interested in doing a group buy/ship/pickup if others in CO are up for it.

Last edited:
I'm in for a non-bullbar bumper for my 2003 LX470 (I'm on the list) with turn signals (hopefully LED-compatible holes) and a winch plate.

Since I'm as far down the list as I am, I would assume that I don't need to send funds until you're ready to ship (whenever that will be).

You can remove me from the list. Thanks

This is great news! I'm still down for my 98 UZJ100. Basic bumper, satin black powdercoat, with LED turn signals and winch plate. Which Warn model would you recommend for this application? Also how about mounting holes for license plate? Thanks!

WOOHOO!!!!!! I'm still in! I would want LED turn signals!

Question - Can we add the winch plate after the fact or does it need to be welded in?

List updated, thanks guys!

This is great news! I'm still down for my 98 UZJ100. Basic bumper, satin black powdercoat, with LED turn signals and winch plate. Which Warn model would you recommend for this application? Also how about mounting holes for license plate? Thanks!

I've been asked about which compatibility. Typical modern 9000/12000, feet mount (10x4.5) should work. I'll see what I can do to put together a list of winches likely/known to fit.

Hmm, I'm a little reluctant to add License Plate holes to every bumper. Here in AZ, front plates are not required. Not sure what the ratio would be? Let me think on this one...

WOOHOO!!!!!! I'm still in! I would want LED turn signals!

Question - Can we add the winch plate after the fact or does it need to be welded in?

The winch plate itself is completely bolt on. Can be added anytime.

I saw that I made your list, go ahead and pull me off. I don't have the fun money for it and I'd prefer steel. Thanks and good luck.

I'm on your list, want to stay on, but would like to see pics of the finished Bull Bar and turn signal options before i decide. Excited!

My 100 is a 2002 LX

As far as licence plate bracket I would be required to have one. I have gotten a few tickets in CT and NY.

Sign me up for a
Bull bar 2000 LX470 version (w/ turns and winch plate), unfinsished

Aluminum mean no weight gain, nice!
Im also intrigued by the 3 piece design. Any bumper that takes a good hit will bend and the Kavik design lets me just replace 1 of the 3 sections rather than the complete bumper. Big plus for my wife.

Aluminum mean no weight gain, nice!
Im also intrigued by the 3 piece design. Any bumper that takes a good hit will bend and the Kavik design lets me just replace 1 of the 3 sections rather than the complete bumper. Big plus for my wife.
That may or may not be the case.
Depending on how the bumper bolts together a strike to the wing would likley cause damage to the center section where it bolts up.
As a fabricator I would love to see some more info on how it bolts together, mounts to the frame, internal gusseting ect.

@Kavik ,
Any detailed pics of the structure?
Great work btw!

Thanks
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom