Builds JDM 73 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found a block-off plate at a local diesel shop. Just call them up and tell them the brand of pump, i.e. Denso, or? and they might have something, don't think its Make/Model specific.

I found a block-off plate at a local diesel shop. Just call them up and tell them the brand of pump, i.e. Denso, or? and they might have something, don't think its Make/Model specific.
I guess I'll have to break down and talk to another person in real life lol. Hard to believe something this small and common is so difficult to find online.

Also need to track down a little injection pump timing tool and dial indicator

@remy posted this in a thread a few years back, I can 100% confirm his ACSD plate drawing is accurate (thank you!)

I was too impatient to wait the two weeks for the plate from Oregon Fuel Injection, so I hacked one out of aluminum using Remy's drawing as a guide

I already had the O-ring on hand

IMG-5549.jpg

IMG-5548.jpg

Remy's drawing for the plate is in this thread:

2017 ACSD plate source and/or dimensions - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/2017-acsd-plate-source-and-or-dimensions.999505/#post-11111536

Still waiting on the new upper bracket for the Coaster alternator swap. should be here monday.

Super annoying day having to take out the radiator, shroud, fan, pulley, etc just to get the alt bracket off :mad:

One of the coolant lines for my ACSD was completely clogged with muddy clay-like sh*t. and i mean the entire 8" of hose. So i doubt the ACSD was functioning to it's full extent. Thank god the little pin was still intact and not broken off in there.

Pretty sure the ACSD was not functioning lol

Last edited:
Would the thermowax do that or just regular radiator gunk?

Also finally got my Coaster alternator bracket from Partsouq. Looks like it’ll all work just perfect and the stock belts will still work
F47C47E8-32B8-4856-8817-C8F02D19845B.jpeg

82FBB2CD-EBBC-44C5-AE7A-3B1CFE9984E5.jpeg

18DBA7E5-CDDD-4C67-9B37-CB4E375FEACB.jpeg

Finally unboxed the turbo, needs to have the housings rotated but no biggie
6FAE229E-6BA2-4DF8-A004-65D69683F2A6.jpeg

Had some trouble getting the cruiser started in 16* weather after removing the ACSD but eventually she smoked to life. New alternator works good, 28v man!

Damn it was July 11th that I parked the thing. What I have done:

-Rebuilt IP installed
-Mamba Turbo installed and plumbed
-T-case converted to manual shift with twin-sticks
-New Water pump

Last edited:
Also waiting on these from China, going to use some rare earth magnets to attach them i think:

s-l1600.jpg

Also I posted this in the turbo thread, but does this oil drain angle look bad? Should I re-rotate the housings again? I’m not sure I can anymore with the wastegate mount the way it is

Last edited:
These are also available and seem to be in the US. Doesn't say if they have magnets or not, but does say that "Our this cup holder can be adhered to the car very well with adhesion promoter." :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom