J-Robs truck saga (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Damn! Houston, disregard that last transmission.....air could be going down axle tubes!.....s***, just thought about that!

Maybe if you block the vent... But why wouldn't you just check there?

Start at the compressor and work your way to the diffs. check to make sure the solenoids are activating as well. If it turns out to be electrical I can walk you through it.

I have checked everything!!....I really believe it is the actuator. You know how it vents air when you cut it off...I think at times it is holding when engaged and then at times when it is engaged it is very slowly leaking.

That is a hellava idea boss man!!!!

Houston....disregard that last tranmission....front diff is leaking....s***!!!

smell your vent tube internal air leak it comes out of it, also compressor will run all the time or cycle quick if it's leaking

smell your vent tube internal air leak it comes out of it, also compressor will run all the time or cycle quick if it's leaking

Pretty sure it's going to smell like 90wt no matter what. Am I missing something?

With it on it will really be strong, the one time I had one leaking it filled the shop with 90 wt aroma, I was hunting Ige......thought she had snuck in on me.

So you are saying if it is in the carrier it should have a stronger smell because it is under the oil level? And If it is in the copper line (above the oil level) it should not have that strong of smell?

Butch was drunk when he posted that.......
Don't recall last time I was "drunk"....my only point was.....if it's leaking in the diff you can check vent tube for hissing sound and gear oil odor.

Well....this ARB deal has been a fiasco!
We removed the third. Diff was leaking around the collar. We pulled off the collar, ordered the square cut orings, cleaned everything up and put it back together. I put an air gage in line between the compressor and the pressure switch so we could make sure we always had pressure going to the diff. Connected the diff to the air line while it was out of the housing. held 90 psi. Put diff in housing, built up axle, set weight of truck on tires,....freaking diff is leaking. Called ARB tech support today, going to try one more time this weekend.

Jrob before you pull it down again, Drive it around the block. I have had the oring seat after some rotation.

Damnit Man!

Sure hope it seats.

Weight on truck......you think the housing is bent? Axles could be pushing the side collars down, causing a leak.
Not that housing. I just can't see it happening

Not that housing. I just can't see it happening
Me either Bossman. That housing is a whole lot thicker than a stock housing. I mean, there are comp. rigs that run that housing. I'm with 87yjtoy, drive it some before we tear it down this evening.

image.jpg
The master doin' work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom