J-Robs truck saga (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bodean

Hot Damn
Threads
Well, talked to the owner of this Bolivian 78 FJ40 by e-mail today and we are going out to look at it tomorrow. Keep you fingers crossed that it's as good as the pics. If the truck is worthy of the price then J-Rob will have found his 40. Only problem is the owner is out of the country and won't return until mid Dec. and we can't complete the deal till then. J-Rob will go crazy during the wait! We'll take some pics during the inspection. More tomorrow.

Later,
Brian Lamb's fj40.jpg

The truck is sweeeeet! Full floater rear and lot's of other unique non US options. Chris has tons of pics. Looks like we got us another 40!

Later,

Last edited:
We pulled up to the garage and all 3 of us said. WOW.

Like Bodean said, it got some things that are different about it than my 76 and Bodean's 78.

Jrob is sittin on go. Check book in hand.
iphone 097.jpg
iphone 099.jpg
iphone 101.jpg

more of Jrob's truck.
iphone 103.jpg
iphone 105.jpg
iphone 113.jpg

more pics.
iphone 110.jpg
iphone 100.jpg
iphone 112.jpg

more of the same. Sorry I had to use the iphone for pics. I got to be more like the midget and take my camera everywhere.
iphone 114.jpg
iphone 104.jpg
iphone 103.jpg

"Don't mess with the Bull - he can get real mean" - best Tim McGraw voice off...

Can anyone identify the t-case? Doesn't look like mine.

It doesn't have the same type ignition my 78 has, drum brakes up front, no dash pad and doesn't look like it ever had one, vent windows in the late model front doors, never had any emmisions junk on it and a set of front and rear toyota mud flaps! Gotta do some research I guess.

The pics really do not do not the truck justice. This truck in Brandon?......go figure. Just as a bonus the seats are awesome!

Holy smokes thats sweet!

I thought all the central american trucks did not have any dash pads or heaters. But they have the cool OEM grab bar above the glove box.

CLOSE THIS DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can't close it till mid December. We should all go out there when he get's it in our trucks! He would be impressed. This truck does have a heater but he added it. It also has a trick aux fuel tank!

Later,

Looked like there was another 40 in garage in one of the pics. What did it look like?

That picture is an old one the owner sent Jeff. It is back when the 40 called Bolivia home.

JEEBUS! close this deal over fax/mail/carrier pigeon! I wouldn't wait!

Can anyone identify the t-case? Doesn't look like mine.

Its a split-case. (ie 1981 or later) Did somebody swap an H55f into it? Looks like a cool rig. I like those late model vent window doors.

Got an e-mail from the owner today and he assures me that it's J-Robs to buy when he gets home. He's already working on another project so it's sold. Can't wait to start doing the mods!

Later,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom