I've Joined the 60 Community! My New To Me 1988 HJ61 VX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker and poster on Mud, but normally in the 70 Series section (and some ownership of 80's and 100's), but never a 60.

Well, that has just changed, and I am the proud new owner of a 1988 HJ61, 12HT mated to a manual box. I'm very lucky, it's been with it's owner for 26 years, and garaged for the that entire time. So rust-wise it's pretty much immaculate.

Here are a few photos sent by the seller. I pick her up tomorrow!

Photo 6-09-23, 10 34 35 AM.jpg

Photo 5-09-23, 10 04 38 AM.jpg

Photo 5-09-23, 10 04 32 AM.jpg

Photo 5-09-23, 8 42 00 PM (2).jpg

Photo 5-09-23, 8 42 09 PM (5).jpg

Congratulations and welcome! What a beauty.

That things sweet! Love the hi-roof.

My 62 is off the same age with the same rear and front bumpers,winch and striping and color.

Have a good and save trip. It woukd be nice to document it here

The 60 is going flawlessly on the trip back home down to the South Island.

Having never owned a 12HT, I’m more than happy with its performance (even up hills!).

The previous owner did inform me that the aircon stopped working about 10 years ago, and they hadn’t touched it since.

I foolishly turned it on to experiment, not thinking about the consequences: within the minute or two the bearing in the AC pulley must have collapsed. I was slowing in traffic when I smelt a burning rubber smell, followed quickly by smoke escaping the engine bay. I pulled over and quickly observed some serious belt slippage and a stuck/slow pulley. I decided the easiest solution was to cut the old belt, as it was in need of replacement anyway.

All good now 👍

IMG_8252.jpeg

IMG_8249.jpeg

IMG_8269.jpeg

IMG_8271.jpeg

Hi mate,
have fun with your new truck !
Maybe we can meet up sometime, sit beside our trucks while enjoying a cold one and just be pleased by our rides. My 60 is the best vehicle I have owned so far. By overall driving experience and the near perfect match of comfort, reliability and ruggedness.
See you sometime !

A few more photos on the trip home. Ran into some buddies coincidentally in the lower part of the North Island. So convoyed with them for the rest of the way home.

IMG_8285.jpeg

IMG_8303.jpeg

IMG_8307.jpeg

IMG_8328.jpeg

Looks like fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom