Builds “It’s only an axle swap and a motor swap” aka AK2AL aka Dream Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking forward to this build, I have a 1UZ (non-vvti), r150 and t-case with an old scout Saginaw PS (not yet installed) going into a '76 pig. I haven't figured out where I am going with suspension yet, but very much looking forward to lots of pics! (that way I can reference them 3 years from now when I finally get moving on this project).

What the hell is that 2UZ going to run on? A jet fuel/diesel blend... what kind of compression you gonna aim for.

No shovel, ax and high lift?

man, with quad snorkels, I don’t think I’ll ever get stuck. Be going too fast all the time.

the 3FE and dual snorkels on ‘69 required a lot of high lift use

6AE7478B-851E-43E4-9A93-77CE8DD12FB8.jpeg

80 frame side and axle brackets to put 60 axles under a 55 on coils :)

Can someone educate me why this is a good option, or better yet why this is preferable to coil over shocks and a three link.

Can someone educate me why this is a good option, or better yet why this is preferable to coil over shocks and a three link.

1) It’s a super Toyota nerd move.
2) the radius arm suspension set up works nice for DD and weekend wheeler do well. No need to re-figure “math” and mess up a 3 link.
3) we are Toyota nerds
4) you can get into some factory locked axles for $2-3k cheaper than ARBs
5) it also shows who is the nerdiest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom