It's all Doable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:clap:Hope it looks that good after SCC. :cheers:

when the wind was out f the south thought I smelled paint:)

DITTO to the above post LOOKS AWERSOME:clap:

Wow Albert that's unique, I like!!!!!!

Looks great!

I'll see you there McFly, although I may feel bad about not stopping you from scratching it.

Very good to see ya'll Albert and the truck looked awesome

So, how did it do???

Thanks
Cody

So, how did it do???

Thanks
Cody

Good question. I will do a few things different on the red 4Runner. But overall it did well and could follow most of the people out there on the trails.

The BAD......
- The ProComp ES9000 shocks I put are Waaaaayyyyy to soft.
- magnetic antenna (not a good choice for me) kept knocking it off the roof and dragging it along the trail :lol: not :mad:
-Can't wheel the 4Runner with less than a 1/4 of fuel showing on the fuel gauge or it will loose its prime on steep hill climbs. (silver truck would wheel with the needle all the way :meh:)
- The auto popped out of gear once ( I think body flex caused this, need to replace with a cable shifter, Silver truck does this aslo. In my opinion not a good design by Toyota)
- Still smokes but all I do is roll up the windows :lol:

Good
- 5.29 Yukon third members and Spartan locks set up by Marlin Crawler work great. ( I now have turning radius on the trails )
-We had 5 people in the 4Runner with recover gear,ice chest, etc. on the trail. It was nice to be able to have more than two seats.
-Sliders work ! saved the passenger door from receiving a nice dent.
-The 35x12.50xR15 BFG KM2 tires worked great 11 psi front 10 psi rear
- The shaved front/rear axles made picking lines on the trail eaiser (better ground clearness and no more dripping drain plugs)
- All in all the 4Runner works just needs some tweaking , nothing to stop me form getting on the trails again in February/March at HotSrings :D

Good question. I will do a few things different on the red 4Runner. But overall it did well and could follow most of the people out there on the trails.

The BAD......
- The ProComp ES9000 shocks I put are Waaaaayyyyy to soft.
- magnetic antenna (not a good choice for me) kept knocking it off the roof and dragging it along the trail :lol: not :mad:
-Can't wheel the 4Runner with less than a 1/4 of fuel showing on the fuel gauge or it will loose its prime on steep hill climbs. (silver truck would wheel with the needle all the way :meh:)
- The auto popped out of gear once ( I think body flex caused this, need to replace with a cable shifter, Silver truck does this aslo. In my opinion not a good design by Toyota)
- Still smokes but all I do is roll up the windows :lol:

Good
- 5.29 Yukon third members and Spartan locks set up by Marlin Crawler work great. ( I now have turning radius on the trails )
-We had 5 people in the 4Runner with recover gear,ice chest, etc. on the trail. It was nice to be able to have more than two seats.
-Sliders work ! saved the passenger door from receiving a nice dent.
-The 35x12.50xR15 BFG KM2 tires worked great 11 psi front 10 psi rear
- The shaved front/rear axles made picking lines on the trail eaiser (better ground clearness and no more dripping drain plugs)
- All in all the 4Runner works just needs some tweaking , nothing to stop me form getting on the trails again in February/March at HotSrings :D

That runner is SWEET :clap:, really like this pic :cheers: the grin says it ALL :D

415757_513226955354204_1962521891_o.jpg

Wasn't real happy with the hotel accommodation on the last wheeling trip and with the German Shepard we have now staying at hotels/motels it is a little tougher. Fitting all of us in a tent also does not leave much room and thats gets very entertaining lol . Then we came across this.
Saw and followed the build of this Hilton on wheels since 2010 then in December saw it for sale, so some sweet talking to :princess:, a ten hour road trip and now our new camping trailer. After using it a half dozen times so far I reallllly see why Paul and John like this style of staying at offroad parks. The original owner did a great job, will tweak a few things to suit me and Linda and try to put some more road miles on it in the near future.

http://s255.photobucket.com/user/2bait/library/Camper Trailer?sort=3&page=1

newcamper_zps136dc616.jpg

. Made some mods like, B&W Gooseneck hitch, air bags on the pull vehicle and that's about it. Now it's time to get use to pulling a slightly bigger trailer than I'm use to 55' overall length front bumper to end of trailer.

loadedatpark_zps79602091.jpg

Last edited:
Very Nice Albert! :clap::bounce:Is that a UHaul shell? Any pictures of the inside?

There's a lot with several UHaul shells in various sizes for sale that I've been eyeing. :hmm:

Wait, wait, wait....what is that ugly thing painted on the front of it?

OMG. I had an Appifony. I love that design..

Cody, Your spelling of Epiphany is phonetically correct and awesome!:hillbilly:

Awesome setup Albert I like everything about it but the ***p grille :D makes those trips even nicer when you have everything you need with you.

Last edited:
Ha, Yea I see a new decal coming soon for the front. I have a few mods I hope to get knocked out before our next road trip. But its basically a box from a box truck bolted on the gooseneck with all the things from a slide in camper installed in it.

Decide after my last two roads trips that the new camper could use some better lights for backing at night. Had some left over lights from my other truck and a HID kit that I had never gotten around to installing.Took a little modifying to make them fit the "small" housings I was using :)

520141007_zps1e320174.jpg

At least I'll be able to see what I'm about to back over :lol: The factory light may be the next lights that I work on.There are no outside lights in my yard, so what is light up is from the LED back up lights on the truck and the new reverse lights for the camper.

520141061_zps014043bf.jpg

Started making brackets to use some "beach umbrellas" that were with the camping gear to make the most of being at camp site http://s255.photobucket.com/user/2bait/library/Camper Trailer?sort=3&page=1

password toyota

Last edited:
Cody, Your spelling of Epiphany is phonetically correct and awesome!:hillbilly:
Look, I may not be able to spell words that aren't phonetically as you spell it, but Danget, I'm getting good at spelling like I type. :D

Albert, that is sweet. I still like that Idea, and those backup lights works like I charm. :D

Decide after my last two roads trips that the new camper could use some better lights for backing at night. Had some left over lights from my other truck and a HID kit that I had never gotten around to installing.Took a little modifying to make them fit the "small" housings I was using :)

At least I'll be able to see what I'm about to back over :lol: The factory light may be the next lights that I work on.There are no outside lights in my yard, so what is light up is from the LED back up lights on the truck and the new reverse lights for the camper.

Started making brackets to use some "beach umbrellas" that were with the camping gear to make the most of being at camp site http://s255.photobucket.com/user/2bait/library/Camper Trailer?sort=3&page=1

password toyota

Very nice, look great Albert :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom