It's all Doable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks.:cheers: I know the shed I'm working in does not look like much but it has all the tools needed for cutting, MIG welding,grinding.

The best part is I'm doing the work myself,which really helps out in the long run. Now I need to finish it so I can hit the trails. Hope to wheel with ya'll soon.

Looking good :cheers: wow :eek: what a clean shop floor. Looks like a nice place to do some wrenching to me.

I saw your post about springs, you should give Nick's Dad Mike a call at B&M 4x4 or ask Nick to look into it for you. In high school and for many years after we all wheeled mini-trucks and hes been lifting Toyota's for 20+ years. Most of the time they throw away the factory springs when they get the new lift springs in. Its worth looking into. Also Acadiana Spring on Willow St might be able to help with what you need. I can't remember if the springs you have are to short or long. They do good work. I had them arch and rework some springs for me on more than one truck. They will also make you up some custom u-bolts should you need some.

Corey was talking about Acadiana Springs at the last meeting. What kind of work do they do? Re-bending?

They do everything, they can make you custom spring packs with any arch you want or rebuild your current springs and re-arch them. They even fool with the real heavy duty 18 Wheeler and commercial applications.

Found a picture from two years ago of what the Samurai I had looked like before me and the wife rolled it in HotSprings.

index.php

And after

ZKRoll1.jpg

That is/was one tough looking Samurai, especially with the shaved boggers on it. I would love to get a set of boggers on a spare set or rims for the 4runner but I am afraid of all the birfield changing that would enter my life shortly there after.

That was a nicely built Sammy. :)

Thanks guys, I put the full cage in the 1st year I had the Samurai. It paid off when the wife and I rolled it ( somehow I convinced her it was both our fault).

It was a fun 4x4 but got a little spooky with such a short wheel base. I was able to reuse the Toyota axles under it which is nice.

...( somehow I convinced her it was both our fault)..

Wow... I know that sometimes even when things are not my fault...they're my fault.

me

It was my fault 100% ...... but she was doing the back seat driving thing that woman do so I listened and then slide, dirt , sky, dirt, sky,dirt, sky. :whoops: :lol:

Truck is coming out awesome, I'll be calling on your help if I fall into that 93. :D

PICT0369.jpg

PICT0368.jpg

Would not mind giving a hand with putting the solid axle under the 93 at all. I need to snap a picture of the other mods I've done ..... But Larry thanks for getting up hooked up with the discount card @ Musson!! I was able to get Toyota ATF fluid 5 quarts for under $13.00 not autozone fluid but Toyota fluid. Thanks again!

Time to weld

Got the sliders welded on for the Sicily Island run ;)

100_0048-1.jpg

One of three plate on the frame

100_0050.jpg

And what they turned out looking like

100_0045.jpg

I need to find someone with a tubing bender to finish them off.But they will save the bottom of the doors, so they will still open and close correctly. They are made from 2 3/8" pup joints.

Awesome... since let me know when I can bring my rig there for some welding!!!!!

Can't wait to see em. I called Landry tonight like a kid... I have my tent out and water-proofin it. Troopy is almost packed. :bounce:

Looks good!

:beer:

Bx

P.S...

Let's try not to roll this one, shall we?

Bx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom