Builds Isuzu 4BD1T Lexus LX450 (Land Cruiser) Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very sad to see it end this way, it's been a wild ride and I want to thank you for sharing. HUGE contribution of knowledge for people looking to do this in the future because of your build thread.

GD noob so sorry to see this, got to be a fist pounder after all you've done with this rig.

I certainly hope you rethread a 6bt swap as I'm still leaning between that and a Summit lower end LS swap.

Your work is amazing and this last build has given you such insight that others like me will never know but can benefit from, again I certainly hope you at the very least snap some pics if you go 6bt.

Thanks guys.

I have done quite a few complex engine swaps before and this was by far the most frustrating one. For such a simple engine it just never gave me a break.

I hope the next swap goes much smoother. Hopefully since they have been done a few times it will be a little easier to get information. Hell when I started this 4bd1t swap the 6bt was considered too big for the 80 series and no swaps had been done.

When I started this 4bd1t swap no one had really done a 4bd1t in an 80 series to the level I felt was needed. Now there has been many. Mine is the only absolute failure I know of. Ironically a lot of the ones done and running now share a lot of the ideas and mods used in mine. So if anything this saga has been a benefit to others.

I have decided when the time comes I will document the Cummins swap.

I just breathed a sigh of relief after reading you'll thread a 6bt!!

Damn Jeremy, really sorry to see it end like this.
I remember talking to you at a CC meeting a couple of years ago when you about to start the swap… I don't think I've made another meeting since, but I would check in on your thread now and then. Each time I couldn't believe the crap you went through.

Hope the 6BT goes smoother. Hell it HAS to!

Damn Jeremy, really sorry to see it end like this.
I remember talking to you at a CC meeting a couple of years ago when you about to start the swap… I don't think I've made another meeting since, but I would check in on your thread now and then. Each time I couldn't believe the crap you went through.

Hope the 6BT goes smoother. Hell it HAS to!

Thanks, yeah I don't think I have been to any since then. Hope to again some day but have far more on my plate now with a young baby and now another engine swap.

Thanks for checking in, I hope the 6bt goes smoother as well.

This just landed in my garage....

200k kms (120k miles) was sitting in the guys barn for 10 years but he stored it correctly. Had a Polaroid (lol) of the truck it came out of and millage for conformation. Also fogged all the cylinders when he sorted it and sealed up all the block openings. We fired it up yesterday with some fresh oil and filter, hit off first crank.

Apparently this CPL is desirable for the higher HP rating?

That is a great find, well done.

Nice! I was between a pair of those just last week!

You will not need gov springs with that motor. A little grind of the fuel plate...

Sent from my SM-G900V

You will not need gov springs with that motor. A little grind of the fuel plate...

Sent from my SM-G900V
Don't think so? I was thinking a 3k kit would be a nice improvement, just to move the defule up a bit. I have not done a lot of research on fuel plates yet. I do not think I would grind my stock one. Mainly becouse I would want the ability to go back to stock.

I also plan to just keep the stock turbo and do not want to run it smoky and hot.

My 98 has the 12v. Ya thought you would have picked up big Steve 's 12v 5spd. Looks like your better off with yours though. Mind me ask what that package is worth and millage ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom