Builds Isuzu 4BD1T Lexus LX450 (Land Cruiser) Build

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by Wheelingnoob, Feb 18, 2013.

1. gerg

gerg

Media:
    That's great Jeremy. I'm happy to hear it's been good for you over the winter. Don't sweat the winter milage. My 3B has been horrible on fuel, for a 3B that is, given it takes half of my commute to come up to temp and I'm in lower gears and 4wd so often.

2. doug720

doug720

Albums:
    I lost track of your swap and I'm glad the 5.9 is working well!

3. NOSAJ

NOSAJ

Thanks guys I own a landscaping business and I have owned several of the NPR's for several years now with the 4bd2t's. I usually have bought them cheap and run them until the jatco tranny fails. We are still running a '96 NPR with the standard transmission. These two engines I now have one started knocking and the other over heated. Ever since I read longbow's conversion I've been wanting to rebuild one and put it in my '72 SOA pig. The ultimate dream would be to put one in our lx 470 but not sure about mating it to the tranny in it. I will definitely be looking for help here!

mjosoba likes this.
  4. serenity

serenity The lurking moderator Moderator SILVER Star

19.4mpg isn't shabby! That's better than my 1hz by far. Glad the 6bt is working out for you.

5. Wheelingnoob

Wheelingnoob

Well Photobucket is a bunch of dicks and is holding people like myself and others posting content in forums for ransom. So instead of giving in and paying $300 per year to "allow" 3rd party posting I'm going to let this die.

If there are any pictures of things you would like please copy them now before they are gone. I refuse to go back and redo all of this.

I hope others have been able to learn and some of this thread was useful.

6. mudgudgeon

mudgudgeon

The loss of knowledge due to photobucket's grab for cash is incredible. Every forum I'm a member of has been diminished because of this.

Wheelingnoob, IanB and Roostre like this.
  7. tweeek

tweeek

Media:
    Albums:
    FYI there is browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox that will enable you to view the original Photobucket images. Think it's only Firefox for mobile, but both work on desktop.

Photobucket Hotlink Fix

8. serenity

So far I’ve saved every image from your 6bt thread and will endeavour to do the same with this thread. Then I will use my super dooper moderator powers to host all the images here and replace them in each post.

I have some time to kill while I’m on nightshift. And your contribution to this site is too important to lose.

Dougal, Wheelingnoob, mjosoba and 5 others like this.
  9. Wheelingnoob

Wheelingnoob

Wow! Thank you very much! I felt so bad having to let the pictures die off having see how much it has effected all the forums. Its crazy what they have done I was shocked to see the cost when they sent me the first "reminder of plan change" back then I think it was $300 for the same plan I had that cost me $50. They have since changed again I think the last offer was $99 with half the storage but I just refuse to give them any more of my money.

Again thank you very very much.

10. serenity

Not a problem mate. I’ve saved every photo so far from both threads, now the fun part is changing them all over! That will be on my next block of night shift in 2 weeks. Screw these money hungry bastards!

Wheelingnoob, Tapage and IanB like this.
  11. wicuttrees

wicuttrees

So... just to clarify. you felt the 6cm housing was better suited vs the 7cm?
    I am about to put a 19t setup on mine, but would consider changing out to a 6cm instead of the 7 that came on it.

12. gerg

gerg

Media:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.