Is the LX450 hood the same as the FZJ80 hood? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got golfballed by hail yesterday and am looking for a new hood. Anyone know if the LX450 hood is the same as the 80? They look the same as far as I can see.

They do amazing things with hail repair, although typically it is not cheap.
Call a local dealership and ask who they use.

They do amazing things with hail repair, although typically it is not cheap.
Call a local dealership and ask who they use.

Yeah, I'm checking into that too. I think a new (to me) hood will be the most cost effective given how trashed it is. It's on the verge of being badly oxidized anyway, so I wouldn't mind getting a new one and having it painted.

Thinking about having paintless dent repair done on the few dents on the doors. I may just pop the dents in the roof on my own as best I can, pull the roof rack, then bedliner it.

:(

Need to take mine by the car was today to see if I got hit. Was pretty crazy to see all of the cars on the side of 70 with smashed windshields...

Have you actually done this effectively? It seems like an old wives tale to me.

Never for hail but I've used it for baseballs (parked too close to a little league field). Works fine. I only have one I couldn't get all the way out and you can still see it on my hood.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Back to the original question the LX450 and 80 Series Land Cruiser hoods are identical.

Never for hail but I've used it for baseballs (parked too close to a little league field). Works fine. I only have one I couldn't get all the way out and you can still see it on my hood.

On a related note, does Wits' End carry dry ice?

Let us know how it works. i got minimal damage, but treeroot has an amazing video on youtube of the hail damage he incurred. unfortunately, it took out for classic cruiser windshields and the ptarmigan has been renamed the titleist

Let us know how it works. i got minimal damage, but treeroot has an amazing video on youtube of the hail damage he incurred. unfortunately, it took out for classic cruiser windshields and the ptarmigan has been renamed the titleist

Oh man that video...ouch.

I didn't know 80s could get hail damage :rolleyes:. Guess I need to prepare and not be in denial. What should get the garage spot? Trail-worthy FJ40 or turbo FZJ80?

Oh man that video...ouch.

I didn't know 80s could get hail damage :rolleyes:. Guess I need to prepare and not be in denial. What should get the garage spot? Trail-worthy FJ40 or turbo FZJ80?

Time to break out the thick blankets! Then neither suffer.

I got caught in that bull**** storm off of Colfax and Union. Cancelled my last repair call and zipped home to pull my 80 into the garage. A lot less damage than I thought, but still a few golf ball size dents. I'm probably gonna grab a new hood and paint it. It has to come off for the swap anyway...may as well.

Hail like that is extremely rare in CO. We get 'grapple' from time to time and pea size stuff, but nothing like this. I picked up quite a few racquetball-baseball sized ones. My work van is completely trashed. 27k miles! Grrrrr!

Yeah, that was an unusually large storm too. Usually only small areas get hail at one time. This was like the whole west metro area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom