Is LSeat is out of business (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As best as I can tell from shipping, tracking and labeling Lseat is made is Texas not China. I could be wrong but hope I'm not.

Yeah, ask me if I care. They started it and infected the rest of the world. It should be called the CHYNA Respiratory Virus. Don't get me started.

The Chynese have been stealing millions of manufacturing jobs from the US (and the rest of the world) for decades. It's been part of their 50 year Master Plan to control the world economically. Really. Exactly the reason we (the US and other countries) should move manufacturing back home. Just yesterday I picked up some generic Tylenol from Wallymart, after I got home I read in small letters on the back of the label, Made in Chyna. I tossed it.

The tech part of this post is: I wonder what the quality of the leather is?
Seems like some people have said the surface was flaking off after just one year??

Mosley Motors has high-quality leather seating solutions. It's also a small and growing Land Cruiser shop here in the USA.

Looks like a much better option.
+1 for Mosley Motors options. Very easy to deal with, Mud member, high quality components. MOSLEY MOTORS

+1 for Mosley Motors options. Very easy to deal with, Mud member, high quality components. MOSLEY MOTORS
I am not doubting their work but if you check the box to add seat heaters...get ready for sticker shock. The price for a single row doubles.

Well to be fair they are not just seat heaters. They are heat and cool, so a lot more complexity and a lot more parts.

I am not doubting their work but if you check the box to add seat heaters...get ready for sticker shock. The price for a single row doubles.

Which you certainly don’t have to do, this thread is about seat covers and theirs are super high quality and they deliver in short period of time.

No disagreement with either comment. I also know you can spend a lot of money on the highest end stuff for an 80 and still come in cheaper and more comfortable than that other solid axle 4x4 that people buy all the time. I had some quotes for leather front row alone from some places that was way over what they are charging for their leather.

My PrecisionFit that I ordered on 3/2 still hasn't shipped although they said it was in ;acking on Friday. If they ever do show up, I'd like to compare and see how they compare to the Lseat.

That is to add the seat cooling system, an entirely different animal than seat heaters :)

The cooling system itself is expensive and also requires expensive manufacturing changes to the leather during the production process.

As best as I can tell from shipping, tracking and labeling Lseat is made is Texas not China. I could be wrong but hope I'm not.

Definitely not made in the US, or even North America at their prices. They are charging close to US raw material prices if using quality leather.

I’m selling what I (and several others) believe is the same manufacturer (can’t mention it by name, but is Roadw!re) that Metric was using and everyone was raving about a few years ago. It is manufactured a few feet from our southern border but the company’s operations are here. It’s as close to US made as you can get in this price range.

These aren’t a high margin product to begin with, then add in shipping, credit card fees, and the fact that I typically spend a good bit of time personally answering questions and communicating with each customer, and it adds up. Expensive all around.

Not trying to come off as defensive, just explaining why things cost what they do.

Got mine yesterday - looks like a match!

49720482743_35fbd44054_h.jpg

Hey Jeff, As was mentioned in and earlier Post.. Get some really good Hog Ring Pliers and 100 or so Hog rings.
Steaming the foam is also wise to do. As a DIY with some skill, it took me about a full day to get the two seats done.

As for the value of the product....I am pretty impressed with what I received for my money.

Got mine yesterday - looks like a match!

49720482743_35fbd44054_h.jpg

When you say "Steam the foam" what does that process involve beyond "very hot water", haha!

I steamed mine by taking my steamer and pushing the steam in the foam. It would puff back up unless it was dried and turning to dust. What didn't puff back up got cut out and replaced with new sections I bought at a fabric store. I think some people just put them in a back and hit them with steam

But maybe don't listen to me on that as I also used zipties in place of hog rings. So I am not a professional

Spoke with Cameron after recommendations above! Ordered a set for a customers 2000 cruiser five minutes later. I look forward to getting them and will post a separate thread on the install.

Let me know if you want me to shut it about ordering from PrecisionFit. Anywho, I got an email today saying they are delayed due to lockdowns. Kinda frustrating since I ordered them back on 3/2......

I was going to do a separate thread, however it looks like this has become the official leather seat buying guide for 2020.

After doing my research on here I found the main 4 options would be: LSeat, Mosley Motors, Cruiser Parts (Metric), and Land Cruiser Heaven.

After my research and speaking with Craig at Cruiser Parts I ordered a set of front seat leather. I was told they had an exclusive manufacturer aka same as Metric and it would be the closest thing to OEM I could buy, so I paid the $739.00. Well after getting the leathers I found they were not even close in color. It also appeared to be a LSeat kit that they cut all tags and markings off of and simply resold to me (Back story they have pull similar things before, however they eventually took care of me and a couple other transactions went well). So Craig said, hey send it back with your arm wrest and well match it. No problem, two weeks later he tells me that he can buy an exact matching hide and have his seamstress make me a custom set for $300.00 more. Ok no problem..... Then I received in the mail an Adobe color kit from Katzkins. Which of course did not match OEM in pattern, and was definitely not a custom purchased hide or hand made by their shop. I called Katzkins, and they confirmed it was an online non custom order for $635.00. So Cruiser parts has amazing profit margins....

A PayPal return later, I reach out to Land Cruiser Heaven. At this point I wanted a sample of leather before I ponied up any more money.
Unfortunately Land Cruiser Heaven does not do that. My options were to purchase a center console or arm wrest cover to color match. If it did not match I was out return shipping and a 20% restocking fee. This was because according to them they had done extensive research and there product was the best on the market, thus there would be no reason to return. Well it was closer, not exact, and well I didn't feel the quality or service justified the expense. Just my personal opinion, I know a lot of muder's have been satisfied with their product.

Which leads me to Mosley Motors. While all this was going on Craig Mosley called me from Mosley Motors. He took the time to listen to me, instead of forcing me on a product or color. To my surprise not only did he send me color samples, he sent me an entire color swatch kit and some swag. After doing some eyeballing, I found a color "Parchment" that some what resembled my 23 year old faded interior. During my order he dug into the design with me and after looking at my lower mileage rear seats and pictures of the 60K mile 80 series seats from the LC Museum. He was able to order what I truly believe is really the closest thing to OEM on the market. Ordered on the 26th, and I just got a text with pictures of my new covers from Mr. Mosley himself. They look amazing and I can't wait to do an install write up on my build thread.

I sent Mosley back their swatches and a Starbucks gift card for their time. Really amazing to see a vendor that goes above and beyond like they did.

EDD845A8-A2D6-479F-BC60-2CF2C213F206.jpeg

E6FD7F26-8FAA-44D4-8BA7-DD0FD1E78658.jpeg

EF59570E-CFF0-4A3A-AE4F-FC469CA4F107.jpeg

Side note for those custom ordering leather. Pull the cruiser out in the sun and compare swatches with natural light. What will Match with indoor light, will not match in natural lighting aka the sun.

Great info. If I ever get mine from PrecisionFit I'll compare and post back. I'll keep Mosley in mind too since they seem to have some great customer service.

I was going to do a separate thread, however it looks like this has become the official leather seat buying guide for 2020.

After doing my research on here I found the main 4 options would be: LSeat, Mosley Motors, Cruiser Parts (Metric), and Land Cruiser Heaven.

After my research and speaking with Craig at Cruiser Parts I ordered a set of front seat leather. I was told they had an exclusive manufacturer aka same as Metric and it would be the closest thing to OEM I could buy, so I paid the $739.00. Well after getting the leathers I found they were not even close in color. It also appeared to be a LSeat kit that they cut all tags and markings off of and simply resold to me (Back story they have pull similar things before, however they eventually took care of me and a couple other transactions went well). So Craig said, hey send it back with your arm wrest and well match it. No problem, two weeks later he tells me that he can buy an exact matching hide and have his seamstress make me a custom set for $300.00 more. Ok no problem..... Then I received in the mail an Adobe color kit from Katzkins. Which of course did not match OEM in pattern, and was definitely not a custom purchased hide or hand made by their shop. I called Katzkins, and they confirmed it was an online non custom order for $635.00. So Cruiser parts has amazing profit margins....

A PayPal return later, I reach out to Land Cruiser Heaven. At this point I wanted a sample of leather before I ponied up any more money.
Unfortunately Land Cruiser Heaven does not do that. My options were to purchase a center console or arm wrest cover to color match. If it did not match I was out return shipping and a 20% restocking fee. This was because according to them they had done extensive research and there product was the best on the market, thus there would be no reason to return. Well it was closer, not exact, and well I didn't feel the quality or service justified the expense. Just my personal opinion, I know a lot of muder's have been satisfied with their product.

Which leads me to Mosley Motors. While all this was going on Craig Mosley called me from Mosley Motors. He took the time to listen to me, instead of forcing me on a product or color. To my surprise not only did he send me color samples, he sent me an entire color swatch kit and some swag. After doing some eyeballing, I found a color "Parchment" that some what resembled my 23 year old faded interior. During my order he dug into the design with me and after looking at my lower mileage rear seats and pictures of the 60K mile 80 series seats from the LC Museum. He was able to order what I truly believe is really the closest thing to OEM on the market. Ordered on the 26th, and I just got a text with pictures of my new covers from Mr. Mosley himself. They look amazing and I can't wait to do an install write up on my build thread.

I sent Mosley back their swatches and a Starbucks gift card for their time. Really amazing to see a vendor that goes above and beyond like they did.

View attachment 2259070

View attachment 2259071

View attachment 2259072
How much were the ones from Mosley btw? Thanks

How much were the ones from Mosley btw? Thanks

I believe around $825 for a front kit. It included front seats, center console, arm rests and leather for the door panels and seat backs.
”In my opinion” it’s the same kit as you get from sounds like “hoard hire” aka the original metric kit every one used to rave about.
Bottom line if you have a trail rig or a junk cruiser your gonna throw away buy LSeat. Other wise this is what you want to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom