Installing Solar panel to RTT

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Im going with this set up on top of the maggiolina and Its width will end up over top of the ridges autohome decided to put on top of the shell, So I want to secure it but dont really want to perforate the shell. so is there an adhesive anyones had success with? I dont want this very light panle going airborne whilst rolling down the street smokin Indo sippin...... you know the rest.

solar.jpg

icorradoi

SILVER Star
Which Maggiolina do you have? On my Grand Tour I just installed the fit kit that is available, which is like 4 gutter mounts bolted to the tent. I'm going to try to install my panel up there with a couple of Yakima cross bars and see how it goes.
IMG_9932.JPG

Reactions: RFB

RFB

Yea Im not going with a hard panel up top because its going to whistle and drag Im thinking more of an adhesive or some type of 3M mounting points Im on it Ill post up what I come up with.

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

I would probably go with the same type of urethane they use to install windshields. It has to be heated up to get it out of the tube, but it goes on easy so you could run a bead around the edges and then once cooled and hardened up I wouldn't be worried at all about it blowing off. That stuff is super strong, thats why they have special knives to cut windshields out.

I have a teardrop trailer I am going to put a flexible panel on and this is how I am going to do it.

RFB

I would probably go with the same type of urethane they use to install windshields. It has to be heated up to get it out of the tube, but it goes on easy so you could run a bead around the edges and then once cooled and hardened up I wouldn't be worried at all about it blowing off. That stuff is super strong, thats why they have special knives to cut windshields out.

I have a teardrop trailer I am going to put a flexible panel on and this is how I am going to do it.
GREAT CALL Thanks

Dave 2000

Not all Land Rovers are useless!
SILVER Star

There are normally eyelets for extra security, not on yours?

Regards

Dave

Top Bottom