RTT Solar Panel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
One of several winter projects all ready for the wheeling season.
100 watt thin film solar panel attached to a James Baroud RTT (not easy).
Marine 10 gauge through the RTT shell with IP68 cable glands and out the bottom and in the cab through rear left window to the Morningstar MPPT charge controller, and onto the left battery fused at 15 amp.

IMG_2049.JPG
fullsizeoutput_2c8.jpeg
IMG_2695.JPG
IMG_2085.JPG

IMG_2057.JPG

Last edited:
Very cool Glenn, what model JB RTT do you have?

Very cool Glenn, what model JB RTT do you have?

I've followed Glenn's truck enough to know it's a Space Evo. Very nice!

Following will be a lot harder now that it's got a G Turbo and intercooler... :crybaby: :D

Thanks Norm - can't remember the name - I see they have gone up nearly 25% in price since I bought.
Not bad for a 'depreciating' asset.

IMG_1036.JPG

Reactions: RFB
Wow super clean job Glenn! I literally just toss my Crappy Tire 100W wherever, cables dangling all over the place, with my $10 chinese charge controller, works like a charm but extremely ghetto

Working fine, even though slightly derated because it gets a little warmer than a conventional panel.

Very clean work, Sir! PS- what no brokerage credit card do you use now the amazon visa is dead?

One of several winter projects all ready for the wheeling season.
100 watt thin film solar panel attached to a James Baroud RTT (not easy).
Marine 10 gauge through the RTT shell with IP68 cable glands and out the bottom and in the cab through rear left window to the Morningstar MPPT charge controller, and onto the left battery fused at 15 amp.

View attachment 1676251 View attachment 1676252 View attachment 1676254 View attachment 1676255

View attachment 1677179
the wiring down through door dosent cause issue with sealing of door or crimping of wires?

No. The trick I cut the two pair conduit to get them flatter (still good single wire insulation) and ran them over several curves. Did this before no leaks- door weatherseal fits tight around the wires.

No. The trick I cut the two pair conduit to get them flatter (still good single wire insulation) and ran them over several curves. Did this before no leaks- door weatherseal fits tight around the wires.

The wiring pictured above or something else. Im with RFB on sealing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom