Instagram Grifters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I don’t know where else to post this but I totally got conned my a used parts vendor on instagram. They are called cruiser_onlineshop. Negotiated a price on some of his parts. Sent him the money via PayPal ($250) and got hit with another request for a $180 refundable shipping fee. I’m pretty annoyed at how stupid and trusting I am. I just wanted give everyone I could a warning that this channel is a grift.

How did you pay? If you used PayPal or a credit card contact that company asap and claim fraud. I almost got hosed for a con-ferr fj40 seat but was able to stop the transaction in time. In my case they had hack d a legit account and were ripping people off

Sorry to hear. Expensive lesson.

Changed username 4 times in 10 months is one of many hints...

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 8.46.45 AM.png

Yeah I reported him to the mods and then typed a message to the mods in the private business chat I had with him. He disappeared pretty quickly after that

Never pay with friends and family unless it is a friend or family. You can even cover the fee cost.

Yeah I was naive. I really didn’t know this community was large enough to attract grifters. Kind of silly, but yeah. Anyway hopefully this keeps anyone else from getting screwed over.

Sorry to hear that @thatguy81 they are everywhere. I have heard many folks getting cheated. Thanks for speaking up and letting folks know.

Yeah instagram isn’t very good at banning these people so if they just change their name and keep advertising I’ll keep posting their handles on here. It sounds like a cheap hobby for me.

i find it so strange that instagram has become a portal to buy/sell stuff.
There are some of us on Instagram who are real people, reputable, and actually have parts we make or used parts for sale that are legitimate. I really only use IG because there is a Land Cruiser community there that's a little different than here on Mud.

But yeah, accounts like this? I feel like 10 new ones pop up every day and it's becoming a game of whack a mole trying to keep up with reporting them. Once you know how these accounts look and feel they're easy to spot though. Maybe not the case the first few times, which is how people get taken. Photos that are taking in different climates (palm trees in one, then a snowy pine forest in another), license plates from different US states and all over the world, different photo styles and qualities (because these accounts steal photos from IG and even Mud that are taken by different people with different cameras), parts for a wild array of trucks (most people selling parts specialize in one or two Series of LC), etc. Once you look, you see all sorts of discrepancies.

Thanks everyone for reporting them to IG and posting here. More awareness is good even if IG doesn't do anything about these accounts - because they seldom do.

Sorry to hear. Expensive lesson.

Changed username 4 times in 10 months is one of many hints...

View attachment 3454763
Yeah those bastards got me for $150, they got me through a 80 series post in Toyota Land Cruiser market place group in Facebook, I thought I could trust him being a member and all. I sent the money via Zelle, and my bank can't do anything.

Yeah those bastards got me for $150, they got me through a 80 series post in Toyota Land Cruiser market place group in Facebook, I thought I could trust him being a member and all. I sent the money via Zelle, and my bank can't do anything.
How did they get you? I was talking to him about some sliders. Now I’m not so sure. Did you lay and they never sent the item?

How did they get you? I was talking to him about some sliders. Now I’m not so sure. Did you lay and they never sent the item?
No, they wanted $150 for the wire harness, but after sending them the money they were asking another $100 for shipping. When I asked them to return my money, they disappeared.

No, they wanted $150 for the wire harness, but after sending them the money they were asking another $100 for shipping. When I asked them to return my money, they disappeared.
So they took 150 and never sent you the harness?

I just sent that guy a link to this post. Was about to drop 500 on sliders from him.

Told him if he comes on here and defends himself and makes your orders good I might still do business with him.

We shall see

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom