Builds indycole's 2016 200 Series Build and Retrospective (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome! :bounce:

It’s alive. Filthy, but alive.

6CE89825-B31B-48BC-8E6C-576402AF0E7C.jpeg

We made it home last night after a brief stop in Las Vegas. The valet at the Cosmo didn't know where to park the truck and apparently they didn't like my suggestion of "park it between the GT3 and the Testarossa up front" as lo and behold I found the truck parked in a utility lot from the balcony, lol.

IMG_1563.JPG

IMG_7704.JPG

Also, the snorkel is here.

IMG_6532.JPG

Finally, the replacement engine seems to be working just fine. They must've forgotten to clean the mass airflow sensor as I received a CEL and code P0101 not 15 minutes from Glenwood Springs. It also felt like the engine had reduced power. Before freaking out and calling the dealer, I figured I'd go ahead and clean the mass airflow sensor since that's what the code pointed to. Fortunately, a simple cleaning seemed to do the trick.

Kids!! No respect for a classic!! :cool:

To park in front at the valet...he needed to be at the Silverton next to Bass Pro Shop... :hillbilly: Not the Cosmopolitan.

I lived in Vegas from when I was 22-30 years old, and I'll bet 1% of the valet parkers have any idea what a 200 is. I RARELY saw any Land Cruisers of any vintage living there (worked on the strip too - corp finance not a pit boss like I'm sure you all assumed), but the valet guys see all the crazy exotic stuff. Agreed with Mark - Silverton or South Point would have parked you front and center!

Well... now that the truck is back I guess it's time to get back to building (or un-building?!?!) the truck. First up, I have some fixes and PM items to take care of post-Moab. There's a box of parts from Camelback Toyota coming in by the weekend. The short list includes:

* Repairing the busted trailer connector
* Cleaning the undercarriage... still a lot of Moab mud
* Checking driveline, suspension, and steering torques
* Cleaning and touching-up bumper scrapes
* Replacing frame hole covers that were lost from having the truck towed
* Rework some fender liner to alleviate some rubbing
* Tire balance and rotation
* Get an alignment... there's a pretty severe pull to the right
* Maybe replace the brake pads

As I mentioned above, the snorkel is here but I'm going to let Valley Hybrids do the install later this month. They're also going to do a bit of customization to the rear bumper. We're hoping that there's enough room to relocate the trailer connector to a spot where it won't get destroyed every time I'm in Moab. Also, we're going to try to locate an SB50 electrical connector and air coupler in the bumper if there's a good spot to do so.

I also need to install the new water tank and the filtration system. The interior needs a good cleaning, first, though, as we rode ~20 miles in the dirt with the windows down while being pulled off the trail.

Lastly, we bought a trailer — a Schutt Xventure XV-3. Our intent is to use the trailer for more the backcountry/camping trips and as such we'll be relocating most of the camp-related gear to the trailer, including the 250-300 lbs of stuff on the roof.

I lived in Vegas from when I was 22-30 years old, and I'll bet 1% of the valet parkers have any idea what a 200 is. I RARELY saw any Land Cruisers of any vintage living there (worked on the strip too - corp finance not a pit boss like I'm sure you all assumed), but the valet guys see all the crazy exotic stuff. Agreed with Mark - Silverton or South Point would have parked you front and center!
@mcgaskins We all thought you were a stripper.

I checked off all the maintenance items from above last weekend and wrapped up the custom water tank install and Redarc brake controller this evening. The steam cleaning joint across the street claims to have removed 25 lbs of mud from the undercarriage. I don't believe them, but they're required to store all mud in 50 gallon drums as a toxic material. The mud hadn't made it to the drum, yet, but I can verify that it filled almost two five-gallon bucks.

The rear bumper, shock skids, and rear diff took quite a beating in Moab. I blame ToTW but it was totally worth it... lots of fun.

Even after a rotation, balance, and alignment, I'm getting a bit of torque steer. The alignment shop blames the tires but I've never really had a decent alignment so who knows. Maybe VH will be able to take a look at the end of the month.

Redarc Stuff

IMG_2771.jpg

IMG_2774.jpg

20-gallon water tank in second row footwell

IMG_2776.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom