In need of a CDL Actuator TOYOTA 36410-60050, Getting hard to find !! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello ! My jdm import arrived with the cdl engaged. Some people have been playing with the switch i guess during transit to my homeplace in Canada. The CDL actuator looks absolutely brand new and must've been replaced near end of the Japanese ownership but the rotor is burnt out ! My guess is the cdl kept trying to disengage on standstill and now the motor's rotor is burnt out.

I must now find a new or used actuator.

Toyota 36410-60050 is now NLA from Megazip, partsouq, amayama and carmarka.... even Ebay.

I was wondering if there are any non-toyota options somewhere in the world, aisin equivalent ? or other aftermarket manifacturers ? Or is it strictly Toyota. I couldn't find anything in my research.

My plan is to find a replacement actuator, then attempt rewinding the rotor of my actual defect actuator and keep it as a spare.

I stashed one a while ago because there was no non-Toyota boxed version avail unlike the front and rear locker actuators.

Grab one while you can!

Why not buy a used one from the parting out guys? Or fix yours? Have you bench tested it?

Not to take away from buying a new one, but mine didn't work either, I was able to take 2000 grit to the motor and clean it with a Q-tip and alcohol and got it running again. Unless you just want to grab it for 1K go ahead. Pricey for sure. Sucks its such a plain little motor inside it.

Why not buy a used one from the parting out guys? Or fix yours? Have you bench tested it?
The rotor inside the actuator has burnt up windings. I want to rewind it, but i have to take it apart and check which winding wire size is needed. This may take weeks to be completed and i need the actuator to be installed for driving or i could make a blanking plate... I'd rather swap it for a new one and rewind the old one to make it a spare.

1 in Thailand

on a side note, i have rebuild kits for the front and rear actuators and if anyone has a CDL actuator that they would like rebuilt, I'd be willing to do that so I can assemble a kit for our CDL actuators.
You are welcome to rebuild my CDL. I currently have my t-case out due to a LS swap and the CDL would be easy to pull.

on a side note, i have rebuild kits for the front and rear actuators and if anyone has a CDL actuator that they would like rebuilt, I'd be willing to do that so I can assemble a kit for our CDL actuators.

Shot in the dark here, but I'd bet the 100 series CDL actuators are largely similar (like the axle locker actuators are). I can send you a spare, won't need it back. Send me a PM with an address if you want it.

Last edited:
They are similar.
They do look similar and i'd love to have them side by side in front of me. Flange sizing and mounting may be different as well as the gearing ratio and gear position. Rotational angle and limit switch position could be different.

Shot in the dark here, but I'd bet the 100 series CDL actuators are largely similar (like the axle locker actuators are). I can send you a spare, won't need it back. Send me a PM with an address if you want it.
Been following this for a bit, not the CDL tho.

Just to clear up any questions regarding whether a 100 series CDL actuator will work in a HF2AV transfer case, I can unequivocally say it will. However, the wiring harness connector is different. I recently swapped a diesel and A750F transmission into my LX450 and kept the HF2AV transfer case to retain the viscous coupler. I opted to use the 100 series CDL actuator since doing so meant I didn't have to alter the existing transmission wiring harness.

Anyway, it's definitely a direct fit (other than the connector).

Just to clear up any questions regarding whether a 100 series CDL actuator will work in a HF2AV transfer case, I can unequivocally say it will. However, the wiring harness connector is different. I recently swapped a diesel and A750F transmission into my LX450 and kept the HF2AV transfer case to retain the viscous coupler. I opted to use the 100 series CDL actuator since doing so meant I didn't have to alter the existing transmission wiring harness.

Anyway, it's definitely a direct fit (other than the connector).
Do you think they both have the same pins? De_pin 100 series and pin the pins back into the platic 80 series housing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom