Importing LC300 to USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There’s no law preventing you from importing one and driving it on your own private property. It would have to be shipped directly to the property, and it wouldn’t be able to ever leave the property under its own power. You’d also have absolutely no way to insure it
Is this true? I was looking into this for a 79 series and never got a clear answer. Would love to import a new one and use it just on my farm.

I don’t believe that’s true.
Marv Specter and I had a chat about that a long time ago as he was BUILDING a 70 series something from a container full of parts. He said “you can’t import vehicles into the United States”. Obviously he tried with his short wheelbase 70 and couldn’t, so he purchased one overseas and had someone disassemble it then ship all the parts separately in a big container of “car parts”.
The import papers just said “car parts” not “new forbidden land cruiser” so it cleared customs fine.
Then when the shipping container showed up to his shop, he and his workers reassembled it - back into a land cruiser again.
Obviously it could never be registered or legally driven on public roads.

I don’t believe that’s true.
Marv Specter and I had a chat about that a long time ago as he was BUILDING a 70 series something from a container full of parts. He said “you can’t import vehicles into the United States”. Obviously he tried with his short wheelbase 70 and couldn’t, so he purchased one overseas and had someone disassemble it then ship all the parts separately in a big container of “car parts”.
The import papers just said “car parts” not “new forbidden land cruiser” so it cleared customs fine.
Then when the shipping container showed up to his shop, he and his workers reassembled it - back into a land cruiser again.
Obviously it could never be registered or legally driven on public roads.
Vehicles are legally imported to the US every day

Is this true? I was looking into this for a 79 series and never got a clear answer. Would love to import a new one and use it just on my farm.

No, it’s not true. Here’s a copy of the NHTSA declaration you have to sign to import a vehicle. There’s no exception for use on private property. Your best bet is getting a vehicle that’s 25 years old and then you can choose Box 1 on the form.

When did the 79 series go into production?

No, it’s not true. Here’s a copy of the NHTSA declaration you have to sign to import a vehicle. There’s no exception for use on private property. Your best bet is getting a vehicle that’s 25 years old and then you can choose Box 1 on the form.

When did the 79 series go into production?
2012 I think for the crew cab

Or build your own

@dualcab_landcruiser on Instagram

2E2C2186-DBBC-4879-AE3E-D150E0B9F139.jpeg

If I buy an LX600 I would highly consider swapping the sheetmetal front and rear. Little too ricey for me.

Anyone know if the lexus and Toyota emblems are the same size?

I also am considering a Tundra but Little ricey as well.

Its the same chassis as the LX600 and LC300.

I am wondering what the actual axle specs are and if you can order a front locker from the LC300 to install on the other chassis.

If you want a minivan or passenger van to haul people they are available in various makes.

The new sequoia is bigger than the new LC and LX

Where are you getting that info? It looks to have the same A, B, C & D pillar as the LX600 and same size doors.

They may have bumped out the cargo area but the wheelbase and roof looks like the LX600.

I think we are discussing 2 different vehicles.

This forum is for the LC300 and LX600 that are on a different chassis than the current Sequoia. They are soon releasing a model named Sequoia on that same chassis. The 22 Tundra pickup shares many parts as well.

Where are you getting that info? It looks to have the same A, B, C & D pillar as the LX600 and same size doors.

They may have bumped out the cargo area but the wheelbase and roof looks like the LX600.
It’s larger than the LC and LX, just like it always has been. Sharing the TNGA platform doesn’t mean it’s the same as an LC, Tundra, Tacoma underneath. It just shares the same adaptable design, meaning the chassis is able to be modified to accommodate various vehicle sizes etc while still being production-friendly

It’s larger than the LC and LX, just like it always has been. Sharing the TNGA platform doesn’t mean it’s the same as an LC, Tundra, Tacoma underneath. It just shares the same adaptable design, meaning the chassis is able to be modified to accommodate various vehicle sizes etc while still being production-friendly
I was just referring to the chassis itself, not the body. At least for the sequoia and tundra, it is pretty much the same. I can’t imagine much variation for anything else that uses the same chassis.

Where did you get the info?

I am planning on a 600 or Tundra for my next purchase.

Wondering if the front differential is the same across the board too as I would like a locker, and to also regear it to 3.90.

Doing research now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom