Import costs for skid plates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello fellow Cruisers,

My name is Al and I've been a bit of a lurker on this site for a while but recently my dad and I started building our 2005 100 series. We found all of our parts and information very easily (especially with the help of all the forum discussions) but recently have hit a roadblock. We were looking at skid plates and loved the ASFIR ones but since they are made in Israel we aren't sure what the import fees would be like. If anyone has purchased them and had them shipped to the States how much, if anything, did you pay in customs fees?

Any help is greatly appreciated and sorry if this question was already answered. Thank you.

There are a couple large threads regarding the ASFIR skids. Search and you will find the answers you are looking for.

Hello fellow Cruisers,

My name is Al and I've been a bit of a lurker on this site for a while but recently my dad and I started building our 2005 100 series. We found all of our parts and information very easily (especially with the help of all the forum discussions) but recently have hit a roadblock. We were looking at skid plates and loved the ASFIR ones but since they are made in Israel we aren't sure what the import fees would be like. If anyone has purchased them and had them shipped to the States how much, if anything, did you pay in customs fees?

Any help is greatly appreciated and sorry if this question was already answered. Thank you.
I just purchased their skids last month and received. Missed some deals in December and earlier last year.
I did not pay import taxes. The shipping seems steep but I researched and inquired with the company about the shipping fees. ASFIR is actually paying half of the shipping. I wish I could provide the documentation to back this up but I just unwrapped the boxes the skids came in yesterday and threw away all the shrink wrap.
I did see the documents and shipping was $503.
I think $862 shipped was fair they are SOLID.

I just purchased their skids last month and received. Missed some deals in December and earlier last year.
I did not pay import taxes. The shipping seems steep but I researched and inquired with the company about the shipping fees. ASFIR is actually paying half of the shipping. I wish I could provide the documentation to back this up but I just unwrapped the boxes the skids came in yesterday and threw away all the shrink wrap.
I did see the documents and shipping was $503.
I think $862 shipped was fair they are SOLID.
Thank you very much for the information. Im gonna be placing my order later today.

I have their skids. Duties and Taxes were paid at shipping it looks like on the invoice.

They are a 5/10 on fitment, 8/10 on price, 5/10 for design, 7/10 for weight, and 3/10 for service access when installed.

Just my opinion, but if I was doing it again I would have thrown the extra bucks down to go with something with a better design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom