If you need a New MIG welder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes it was a Millermatic 180 WITH a cart (but no bottle)

Sent from my DROIDX using IH8MUD

I ordered one and a spool gun also yesterday afternoon; the spool gun came just after noon today! The packing list said the welder is shipping from a different location but is on its way, so I guess I got one.

I ordered one and a spool gun also yesterday afternoon; the spool gun came just after noon today! The packing list said the welder is shipping from a different location but is on its way, so I guess I got one.

I knew I should've pulled the trigger on that. Damn.

Nice! Wish I had seen this thread yesterday. :beer:

Years ago carparts.com had all their Warn winches mispriced well below market. They shipped quite a few winches before they caught the error.

Interesting, will be curious to see if 1911 gets his.

OK, to be fair to Grainger I waited until I heard something definitive from them before posting my final result on this. Here is what they finally told me, after not letting me access my order status online (even though I had ordered other stuff besides the welder) for five days.

"Thank you for your order of the Miller Welder, unfortunately there was an error in pricing and your order has been cancelled. We appreciate your business and apologize for this inconvenience. To make up for this error, I can offer you a 30% discount from the normal price. If you would like to purchase the welder at the 30% off price you can call Grainger at 1-888-361-8649."

I'm guessing that the 30% off is essentially their cost. I'm probably going to pass on that deal though, because the welder I really want is the Millermatic 212. I would have taken the 180 at the advertised price, but now I think I'll save up for the 212.

OK, to be fair to Grainger I waited until I heard something definitive from them before posting my final result on this. Here is what they finally told me, after not letting me access my order status online (even though I had ordered other stuff besides the welder) for five days.

"Thank you for your order of the Miller Welder, unfortunately there was an error in pricing and your order has been cancelled. We appreciate your business and apologize for this inconvenience. To make up for this error, I can offer you a 30% discount from the normal price. If you would like to purchase the welder at the 30% off price you can call Grainger at 1-888-361-8649."

I'm guessing that the 30% off is essentially their cost. I'm probably going to pass on that deal though, because the welder I really want is the Millermatic 212. I would have taken the 180 at the advertised price, but now I think I'll save up for the 212.

I got the same offered the same thing in a voicemail last night.

Oh well I figured it was too good to be true.

Price is still pretty good.

Their (now corrected) price is $1,105; 30% off is $773.50. The cheapest on-line price I found in two seconds of googling was $790. Personally, I would not give Grainger the business for only $16.50 of savings.

Their (now corrected) price is $1,105; 30% off is $773.50. The cheapest on-line price I found in two seconds of googling was $790. Personally, I would not give Grainger the business for only $16.50 of savings.

Buying online might be cheaper if you factor in state sales tax from buying from Grainger.

I agree. Grainger left a very bad taste in my mouth on how they handled this situation. They had the welders listed on their web site for 3 days and they're saying it was a mistake and will not honor the price.

Plenty of better vendors to purchase from than Grainger.

Would you sell your 80 for $2500 when you actually meant $7500. Just a slight misprint in the ad, but its a big difference. Why should Grainger have to so heavily for such a mistake? Ok so they made a mistake? They offered to take care of the customer as best they could. You don't stay in business long by giving money away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom