I did a thing... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, buying a Pig has caused something to snap in my brain. I now have my driver, a resto rig, 2 parts rigs and... this. As if buying a firetruck Cruiser wasn't enough, it was in New Zealand. I just drove to Long Beach and back from Reno (116 degrees on Hwy 395) to pick t up. Intention is to start a non-profit and figure out how to make money for charity with it. For now just going to bask in the weirdness!!

1 1 2.jpg

Engine has...this... Nearest I can tell on first blush is its a governor to run the engine up if the PTO / pump is engaged. Sadly the pump assembly is long gone. The lever with the spring goes to the carb, and there is a cable to the tachometer in the cab.

1 1 2_LI.jpg

Also has this, which I have no idea about yet. But it's weird so I like it. :p

1 2.jpg

OK, buying a Pig has caused something to snap in my brain. I now have my driver, a resto rig, 2 parts rigs and... this. As if buying a firetruck Cruiser wasn't enough, it was in New Zealand. I just drove to Long Beach and back from Reno (116 degrees on Hwy 395) to pick t up. Intention is to start a non-profit and figure out how to make money for charity with it. For now just going to bask in the weirdness!!

View attachment 2730606
I want a ride!!

buying a Pig has caused something to snap in my brain
OK you have some serious issues…..

In a strange kind of way I’m a little jelly of your fire truck, I feel like we should be best friends and go for long drives and I can run the siren while you drive.

OK you have some serious issues…..

In a strange kind of way I’m a little jelly of your fire truck, I feel like we should be best friends and go for long drives and I can run the siren while you drive.
Idaho is close enough! C'mon over! (After the summer....too hot for anything right now).

You can imagine the head shaking from my wife when I showed her the firetruck. It was only exceeded by the vigorous headshaking when I told her it was in New Zealand. But she let me do it. She understands the care and feeding of...me. :cool:

Looks to he in great shape. Did you say 79? Has early motor and hood. What a cool truck.
Congrats
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom