Hyper sensitive traction control?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone on the forum experienced issues with a hyper sensitive traction control system? I have a 2008 which I purchased about six months ago and I noticed that when making gentle left-hand turns I get that beeping and the shutter in the brake pedal. My previous GX a 2004, did not have this issue unless I was cornering at high-speed‘s which makes more sense to me. I didnt know if anyone else had experienced this issue or if there was a way to correct it or adjust the sensitivity on the tracktion control.....it’s getting to be quite annoying, any thought or suggestions are welcome. Thanks

I'm experiencing the same on mine (post lift) and after doing the zero point calibration. Overall it's not as sensitive as before the calibration but it's still going off on occasional low speed right hand turns! I'm going to re-do the calibration this weekend and see what happens.

Yes this sensitivity seems to gotten worse post 3in toytec lift. It did not happen to my 04 GX so I am a little confused. And what is zero point calibration?? First I have heard of it.

Mine continued on my 2006 even after the ZPC. That is what motivated me to do the VSC off and all Nanny off mods.

I had this three times. Two times it was a caliper freezing. Had it with a failed steering rack one time (alignment was off).

Interesting, I thought this was because my tires were rubbing my UCAs.

Thank you guys for informing me about the zero point calibration. I will be tackling this when I have a day off next week. Good video and great step by step explanation!

I experience it pulling out of driveways and turning right. Figured I was rubbing some where but I guess maybe not.

No I knew this was not normal since my first GX had no such issue. The traction control only came on when I was slipping tires at higher speeds or leaning the SUV too hard in turns. My newer GX now beeps and shakes on the most mundane gentle turns and is very annoying.

I think mine comes on too soon also, I have done the zero point, but on forest roads it comes on quickly and driving the Dempster Highway after a lot of rain and in the muddy conditions the traction control came on when power was need get up a hill.

C.a.l.i.p.e.r. Is this thing on?

I don’t have a stuck caliper, they have been changed, all 4 are new and it still comes on way too early. This last time it came on just going up a hill on a muddy road, I was on the gas and the system came on. The system should have a disable switch, guessing I might do the by-pass.

If you are in 4H on mud...yeah, it will come on. 4H lock the center diff.

ok thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom