How-To: TechStream In 5 Minutes (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F0CXVPY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am running that cable in a native Win 7 64 Bit environment (not virtual box) on a Lenovo W540 laptop (i7, 16GB RAM) and it runs tip-top. Followed the online instructions on some Scion site to get it up and running, had it going in 10 minutes.

If your AHC values are not showing but you can get to the screen and the switches and things values change but pressure does not, cycle the AHC from low to high to N using the switch on the console and then they will display. That has gotten me a few times. Dont know why it works that way.

Updating this...

There have been many people commenting that they can get the virtual machine to work, but it will not connect to the USB cable.

Is there a way to fix this? I dont think I've seen a fix yet.

In the settings it will see the cable, and at the lower "setting" section if I unplug and try another USB port, it is able to see that the cable is there- but then cannot connect.

Update -
I tried the process on a different laptop and... success. Kind of.

It will see the USB device, techstream will connect, but if you do anything (all I have tried so far is health check once and custom three times) it will bring up a progress box, after about a minute the entire Techstream program shuts down in the virtual machine.

When I bring it back up it acts normal and can connect - but then does the same thing.

I should add - I'm at my wits end. I spent an hour last night connecting 2 new keys as masters (worked first try) and then trying to configure the remote. I have spent the last 5 hours trying the same thing (manual process, there are 2 potential, very similar techniques) - i tried, my wife has tried, we tried together. I'm convinced theres a setting that won't allow us to go into programming mode. But the Techstreamn stuff just flat out isn't working.

Last edited:
Anyone? (Bump)

Anyone know why it would connect, then when trying to fetch data Techstream would just shut down within the virtual machine?

On the verge of just ordering a 64 bit cable, or dusting off the useless 18yo laptop...

Well the s***show continues.

The dinosaur laptop will "successfully install" Techstream (tried 2 versions) and then fail to launch claiming a DLL is missing.

The laptop that has the virtual machine that connects- I did a connector check and only B+ passes.... which makes no sense since:
It will connect to the vehicle and identify it properly
Will start the "health check" and Techatream shuts down at step 5.

I might try out 2017 Prius V just to see what happens..... still having problems.

What's interesting is the cable has a red light on when connected to the win7 machines, but a green light turns on when connected to the dinosaur win2000 machine.

To add - I cant imagine theres an issue with the LX... understand it may be different info, but I also have a BT OBD2 scanner that works flawlessly in real time.

Works perfect on my 2010 MBP running 32bit virtual machine.

Congrats, you're one of those it worked for.

2 completely different win7 machines we cant get it to properly work and I can't get Techstream to work on an old win2000 laptop. I've tried just about every combination of install variations without success not help.

I know this is a long shot but has anyone used a Chromebook to download and use techstream?

Just created an account to reply to this thread.

This worked for me two days ago. I got techstream to work, but the Mini VCI was always detected as a USB Serial Port (Com3). On windows 10 and on 7, both 64 bit. I then used this OVA imported the OVA and ran perfectly.

What I did before was install Virtual box Guest Additions. - 6.4. Installing the VirtualBox Guest Additions

This allows me to use my local USB on my laptop on the Virtual windows XP. I installed this on my first try on my own self created windows XP vm. Once that didn't work I found this OVA and this worked great. Thanks OP.

Awesome! Worked like a charm!

Ive downloaded the files but now it won't accept the registration key you provided. Is there something I'm missing?
-Thanks

I recently purchased techstream from the following seller on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BCNPDDG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was more expensive than most ($58), but the technical support was fantastic and it works great. It's installed on my 64bit windows 10 laptop. I downloaded a couple of programs and allowed the tech guy to access my computer remotely. It seems a little sketchy and I understand all the risks but since I don't really use that computer for anything real and since he had a ton of positive feedback on Amazon, I went for it. It was simple and easy and I've used it for a bunch of things already. It's payed for it's self 10 times over just by bringing my AHC back into spec.

(However, I take no responsibility if someone else ends up using this guy and gets hijacked!)

Hi Getco,
I looks like you did a wonderful thing here, but I just can't get my virtual machine to run Techstream that I downloaded from Mega. I get this error message after it terminates the startup process:

The virtual machine 'TechStream 12.20.024' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1).

Result Code:

NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)

Component:

MachineWrap

Interface:

IMachine {85cd948e-a71f-4289-281e-0ca7ad48cd89}

I tried deleting and re-downloading the program, but get the same message again. I am running this on a MacBook Pro.
Any idea what could be wrong?
Thanks for all your efforts,
Dave

I recently purchased techstream from the following seller on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BCNPDDG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was more expensive than most ($58), but the technical support was fantastic and it works great. It's installed on my 64bit windows 10 laptop. I downloaded a couple of programs and allowed the tech guy to access my computer remotely. It seems a little sketchy and I understand all the risks but since I don't really use that computer for anything real and since he had a ton of positive feedback on Amazon, I went for it. It was simple and easy and I've used it for a bunch of things already. It's payed for it's self 10 times over just by bringing my AHC back into spec.

(However, I take no responsibility if someone else ends up using this guy and gets hijacked!)

Ordered this also. Seller provided a very detailed instructions. Currently running on my Dell XPS with Windows 10 64bit. It took like 5 minutes to get it running. I was able customize settings on my LX470, Rx350, Rx330 and ISF. Well worth the extra expense. It helps that I computer savvy.

Ordered this also. Seller provided a very detailed instructions. Currently running on my Dell XPS with Windows 10 64bit. It took like 5 minutes to get it running. I was able customize settings on my LX470, Rx350, Rx330 and ISF. Well worth the extra expense. It helps that I computer savvy.

thanks for the review at $58 i gave it a try... will report back if have the same success.

Can confirm, worked great! on my old windows 8 64 bit PC following the supplied instructions from the seller.

Finally got my AHC pressures of 7.5 for the front and 7.1 for the rear and 10.4 accumalator.

Time to follow some of that great @PADDO advice floating aroud diffrent threads to get this LX back to spec and relive me of that semi harsh ride.

Thanks for the tip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom