How to install DEPO clear corner lights onto LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’d add silicone to where the black plastic meets the lens on the inside, had two sets have bad sealing, this preserved it

$4.85 for longevity

Can anyone point me in the direction of the OEM Koito lights? Apologies in advance if I should post somewhere else. New to the thread and the LC/LX community.

I stock the Genuine Toyota Koito Clear corner lamp, in stock ready to ship =)

What do you think of the overall quality, fit, and finish of the Depo lights after having them for a while? Both the little clips are broken on my LX corner lights. I need to make a decision whether to go with the LC style turn signals or the LX style parking lights.

Definitely not one-upmanship here, lol! I didn't carefully de-pin the existing wires or anything like that. I just cut the factory wires and spliced on Toyota repair terminals to the new connector housing. I also switched to LED bulbs while I was in there. Here's my parts list:

• LED BULB ELECTRONIC FLASHER, CF18-08 (AMAZON) $11.29
  • (2) TOYOTA HOUSING CONNECTOR, 90980-11020 (LIBERTY TOYOTA) $10.00 EA.
  • (6) TOYOTA WIRE REPAIR TERMINALS, 82998-12440 (LIBERTY TOYOTA) $3.33 EA.
  • (2) 7507 LED BULB, AMBER, BAU15S-A18-T (SUPER BRIGHT LEDS) $6.95 EA.
  • (2) DEPO LAND CRUISER CORNER LAMP HOUSING (RANMA21) $89.00 PR.
  • (2) OEM TURN SIGNAL LAMP SOCKET, 90075-99106 (LIBERTY TOYOTA) $14.00 PR
Wiring is as follows (to the best of my memory)

Pin 1: Marker Positive (Green)
Pin 2: Marker Negative (White/ Black)
Pin 3: Indicator Positive (Green/ Black)

Hope that helps.

Where and how do I wire in the LED BULB ELECTRONIC FLASHER, CF18-08?

What do you think of the overall quality, fit, and finish of the Depo lights after having them for a while? Both the little clips are broken on my LX corner lights. I need to make a decision whether to go with the LC style turn signals or the LX style parking lights.
Depo? Good UV resistance and no clouding over the 4-5 years I had them. Overall "B" grade quality if you look at the appearance details. Light tabs are thinner than OE and may not fasten as well to old/worn headlamp housings.

Depo? Good UV resistance and no clouding over the 4-5 years I had them. Overall "B" grade quality if you look at the appearance details. Light tabs are thinner than OE and may not fasten as well to old/worn headlamp housings.

Yes, the Depo lights. I am considering swapping to the depo corners and the LC style fog lights. I am interested to see if there is a sub-harness for the corner/fogs/turn signals that can I can swap. Or is there enough length in the wiring that you can pull the turn signal wire from the bottom of the bumper up to the corner. I do not like cutting/splicing. I would much rather pull the pins from the connectors and repin them in a different connector.

I did this a while ago

I'm not so sure the LX and LC foglight are interchangeable. I don't know how much wire is available. It was a very long time ago.

I did this a while ago
Thanks. I know things can be cut and splice. I was hoping to avoid that. I don't know if there's a connector upstream of the signals/fogs/corners that can be disconnected and the LC subharness installed. A cleaner installation is what I was going for.

I know the title sounds stupid. How hard is it to install clear corner lights after all? And why am I making a dedicated thread about something so meaningless?

A little background:
I bought my 98 LX back in February of this year, and since then, i've been slowly working on small issues, lots of maintenance, and a few key upgrades. Something I've been wanting to do is to change out the front USDM/Lexus amber corner lights to the clear versions. But with the OEM/JDM Toyota/Cygnus corner lights at around $200, I couldn't justify spending that much on something so meaningless when I could use that money towards something more useful like a roof rack or quality sliders.

I started looking at the eBay variations around the $50 mark, shipped. They look cool, and the price point was more doable, but after a quick search, the general consensus reveals that the fitment was not the best, and worse, the housings would get cloudy or start turning yellow.

I also saw that DEPO made the clear corners too. Although they aren't Chinese made (they're Taiwanese), they're cheap, and from my experience with various cars and parts, DEPO makes acceptable fitting parts, so why not? Well, they're not as abundant as you would think. After multiple searches on eBay, I found that the cheapest set of DEPO corners would ship from Lithuania. It would be only $58 shipped, but the con was that it would take 3-4 weeks to get as they're not stateside, and was the cheapest shipping option.
Here is the exact ones I bought

View attachment 2091235
When my DEPO lights finally arrived, I figured it was just a matter of minutes to swap housings and bulbs, right? Nope. Well. Sort of. The housings themselves do install easy, but the issue was the light bulb socket.
Here is the back side of the OEM Lexus LX470 corner light housing:
View attachment 2091122
And here is the back of the DEPO light
View attachment 2091123

Side by side:
View attachment 2091141
So as you can see, the light bulb socket sizes are completely different. Why does this matter? Well for one, the OEM Lexus bulb socket connectors just fall right through with no way of holding it in place, and for two, this would be a real issue once moisture is present, as there is no way to seal the lights.

So after doing some combing through on MUD, I found a thread that showed what a Lexus LX470 would need to make it work. And then, afterwards, I searched for any threads explaining how to make it work, but none showed up. I felt confident enough for any types of rewiring involved, so here we are.

Parts needed:
(2x) 90075-60006 Light Socket
(2x) 90980-11019 Housing Connector
(2x) 7057 Amber light bulb

I bought the OEM Toyota parts from McGeorge Toyota, but it may vary for everyone based on where they live. But here are the direct links I used.
Housing Connector $5.52 each
Light Socket $7.56 each

Assuming you buy some regular 7057 amber light bulbs, all said and done, it should cost under $100 for both corner lights.

Tools needed:
Regular ass philips head screwdriver
Small straight pick

Optional tools:
Plastic non marring interior trim removal kit

Total time should be about 20 minutes, but if you know what you're doing, it could take as little as 5 minutes.

1. Pop the hood
2. Locate the one philips head screw near the front of the fender, next to the headlights.
View attachment 2091143
3. Remove this screw, and do not throw away, you will reuse the same screw at the end of the installation of the new DEPO light
Dude, your profile pic, your username :rofl:

The clear markers do look pretty slick, I wanna pick up a pair too!

What vehicle are the sockets/connectors you specified designed for (90075-60006 Light Socket, 90980-11019 Housing Connector)? Will the pins you removed from the original connector fit into the 3-pin connector for the land cruiser's combination marker/indicator? I would rather use the 3-pin connector so I can expand it to include a turn signal if/when I get a new bumper.

I know the title sounds stupid. How hard is it to install clear corner lights after all? And why am I making a dedicated thread about something so meaningless?

A little background:
I bought my 98 LX back in February of this year, and since then, i've been slowly working on small issues, lots of maintenance, and a few key upgrades. Something I've been wanting to do is to change out the front USDM/Lexus amber corner lights to the clear versions. But with the OEM/JDM Toyota/Cygnus corner lights at around $200, I couldn't justify spending that much on something so meaningless when I could use that money towards something more useful like a roof rack or quality sliders.

I started looking at the eBay variations around the $50 mark, shipped. They look cool, and the price point was more doable, but after a quick search, the general consensus reveals that the fitment was not the best, and worse, the housings would get cloudy or start turning yellow.

I also saw that DEPO made the clear corners too. Although they aren't Chinese made (they're Taiwanese), they're cheap, and from my experience with various cars and parts, DEPO makes acceptable fitting parts, so why not? Well, they're not as abundant as you would think. After multiple searches on eBay, I found that the cheapest set of DEPO corners would ship from Lithuania. It would be only $58 shipped, but the con was that it would take 3-4 weeks to get as they're not stateside, and was the cheapest shipping option.
Here is the exact ones I bought

When my DEPO lights finally arrived, I figured it was just a matter of minutes to swap housings and bulbs, right? Nope. Well. Sort of. The housings themselves do install easy, but the issue was the light bulb socket.
Here is the back side of the OEM Lexus LX470 corner light housing:

And here is the back of the DEPO light

Side by side:

So as you can see, the light bulb socket sizes are completely different. Why does this matter? Well for one, the OEM Lexus bulb socket connectors just fall right through with no way of holding it in place, and for two, this would be a real issue once moisture is present, as there is no way to seal the lights.

So after doing some combing through on MUD, I found a thread that showed what a Lexus LX470 would need to make it work. And then, afterwards, I searched for any threads explaining how to make it work, but none showed up. I felt confident enough for any types of rewiring involved, so here we are.

Parts needed:
(2x) 90075-60006 Light Socket
(2x) 90980-11019 Housing Connector
(2x) 7057 Amber light bulb

I bought the OEM Toyota parts from McGeorge Toyota, but it may vary for everyone based on where they live. But here are the direct links I used.
Housing Connector $5.52 each
Light Socket $7.56 each

Assuming you buy some regular 7057 amber light bulbs, all said and done, it should cost under $100 for both corner lights.

Tools needed:
Regular ass philips head screwdriver
Small straight pick

Optional tools:
Plastic non marring interior trim removal kit

Total time should be about 20 minutes, but if you know what you're doing, it could take as little as 5 minutes.

1. Pop the hood
2. Locate the one philips head screw near the front of the fender, next to the headlights.

3. Remove this screw, and do not throw away, you will reuse the same screw at the end of the installation of the new DEPO light

Sorry if you answered this before, but why did you spec out light sockets from a 98-02 celica/RAV4 instead of the ones for that year land cruiser? Is that why you specified a 7057 (7507?) bulb instead of the 1157A?

I just received my clears from the same vendor listed by the OP. also went ahead and ordered the alternate connectors to fit into the larger openings. I was not happy with the quality and am worried that this will allow moisture to enter the corner lights. Debating if I let these go with the connectors for what I paid for everything. PM me if anyone is interesting and we can figure out a price, shipping etc

Definitely not one-upmanship here, lol! I didn't carefully de-pin the existing wires or anything like that. I just cut the factory wires and spliced on Toyota repair terminals to the new connector housing. I also switched to LED bulbs while I was in there. Here's my parts list:

• LED BULB ELECTRONIC FLASHER, CF18-08 (AMAZON) $11.29
  • (2) TOYOTA HOUSING CONNECTOR, 90980-11020 (LIBERTY TOYOTA) $10.00 EA.
  • (6) TOYOTA WIRE REPAIR TERMINALS, 82998-12440 (LIBERTY TOYOTA) $3.33 EA.
  • (2) 7507 LED BULB, AMBER, BAU15S-A18-T (SUPER BRIGHT LEDS) $6.95 EA.
  • (2) DEPO LAND CRUISER CORNER LAMP HOUSING (RANMA21) $89.00 PR.
  • (2) OEM TURN SIGNAL LAMP SOCKET, 90075-99106 (LIBERTY TOYOTA) $14.00 PR
Wiring is as follows (to the best of my memory)

Pin 1: Marker Positive (Green)
Pin 2: Marker Negative (White/ Black)
Pin 3: Indicator Positive (Green/ Black)

Hope that helps.
Did you choose not to depin the existing connector because it is a different size/style than the 82998-12440? I am getting ready to do this. But I would prefer not to cut/splice if it can be helped. It's also about $6/wire and I don't want to buy six of them if I don't need them.

Did you choose not to depin the existing connector because it is a different size/style than the 82998-12440? I am getting ready to do this. But I would prefer not to cut/splice if it can be helped. It's also about $6/wire and I don't want to buy six of them if I don't need them.

I'm honestly surprised nobody has figured out the connectors and made a patch harness so there's no splicing or cutting required. I'll do some digging and see what I can find.

You are talking about making a jumper wire? Something with connectors on either end to avoid having to cut, splice, de-pin, etc.? That would be the ideal solution.

You are talking about making a jumper wire? Something with connectors on either end to avoid having to cut, splice, de-pin, etc.? That would be the ideal solution.
Yes, but I'm not a connector guru like some of the people here. At some point I'll do more digging and look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom