How To: HID+Projector Retrofit on a 100 Series. (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, Nick did good work for me as well.

I tried to get ahold of Nick for this months ago. No response.
I think he is out of the 100 game.

^^^ Yeah I have PM'd Nick and one other but haven't heard back from either so I'm guessing you're right.

Is anyone on here doing retro's anymore? I have found a local guy but would rather give another trusted 100 owner some business!

I think he's planning on getting back into a 100 pretty soon. Maybe even mine :hillbilly: haven't heard of anybody else doing retros for others here though. I would offer, but I bet you would do just as good a job.

I tried to get ahold of Nick for this months ago. No response.
I think he is out of the 100 game.

Check the MBWorld forums.... I see him there all the time.

He's got a new "mistress" these days!

-G

I PM'd a guy who does them on Tacomaworld. Wanted to see what he thinks about doing some Hundy headlights and about how much.

That's all helpful guys, thanks! I'm relatively confident that I could get it done (with VERY detailed instructions of course) but I'm not sure I have the space or the time (and the wiring scares me a bit haha).

I'm also thinking about doing something for the DRL's involving a tasteful LED strip so I don't have the confidence to go try something that others haven't. Additionally, a quad projector set up is REALLY tempting while they're open, but we'll see :)

Let me know if any of you find anything. I know there's always Lightwerkz or others, but it'd be nice to find someone who has done some 100's before.

Ah...hey guys.

Apparently MUD doesn't send me emails for the sub'd threads. Same with PM's. Nothing! Nada! I'm pretty busy at work and without a Cruiser I feel without a home :(

I have updated the email preferences. I'm still working on a few retrofits for MUD members. I really want another LC so I tend to not feed my soul and come back here :). I replied to those that didn't get replies. If you didn't get a reply resend! I am here

-Nick

Once the depo updated headlights come out for the 98-05s Ill be retrofitting those.

I just think the projectors would look factory in those compared to the oe 98-05 housings.

Once the depo updated headlights come out for the 98-05s Ill be retrofitting those.

I just think the projectors would look factory in those compared to the oe 98-05 housings.

The updated headlights make it hard to find a good sized projector to fit. You need a huge shroud with a 3" lens to make it look "OEM". The 90-05 headlights are the best IMHO for a smaller projector. Either way you go, projectors are awesome.

The updated headlights make it hard to find a good sized projector to fit. You need a huge shroud with a 3" lens to make it look "OEM". The 90-05 headlights are the best IMHO for a smaller projector. Either way you go, projectors are awesome.

Yes projectors are awesome. Heres my daily driver with modded TL bixenons. Sooo much light!!

image.jpg

Hey guys, I'll bump this with the completion of my quad-projector retro for my '06. D2S's in the high/low beam spot, Mini H1's in the highs. LED strip along the outside of the high beam reflector housing that also function as indicators. LED bulbs in the signals (not 100% sold on those but happy for now). Overall, incredibly happy with how much light these things put out.

Low's only:
20150930_205839_zpspkacrvvw.jpg

High and low both:
20150930_210153_zpsykpwsd2u.jpg

DRL's only (on whenever ignition is on, OEM setting)
20150930_210112_zpsova4rhus.jpg

Before you ask, no I did not attempt this myself, I had it done by Dan at RIHIDS in Woonsocket Rhode Island. Nice guy, does great work and would recommend to anyone in the area (or elsewhere for that matter) looking to have more light.

Last edited:
Wow, that is slick!

Hey guys, I'll bump this with the completion of my quad-projector retro for my '06. D2S's in the high/low beam spot, Mini H1's in the highs. LED strip along the outside of the high beam reflector housing that also function as indicators. LED bulbs in the signals (not 100% sold on those but happy for now). Overall, incredibly happy with how much light these things put out.

Two things that are on top of what I really like to be able to do - repack bearing (never done it) and retrofit a projector into the headlight (baking the headlight open scares me). This look really good, and I bet the light output is awesome for driving at night!

I was worried about baking my head lights too to paint them, but let me assure you that there is little risk in doing them.

Two things that are on top of what I really like to be able to do - repack bearing (never done it) and retrofit a projector into the headlight (baking the headlight open scares me). This look really good, and I bet the light output is awesome for driving at night!

Light output is pretty incredible, definitely worth the money if you ask me. I wasn't so much worried about the baking/dremeling etc, it was more the wiring that I was scared to tackle. In the end I'm glad I left it up to a professional, I don't think it would have turned out well if I had done it myself without practicing on something else first.

@spaber05 - that looks OEM! Please share cost and time to complete details! Would it be different for an '03?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom