How To: Fuel Filter 100 Series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BIG thanks to all here with great info/tips/photos regarding the fuel filter.
I recently ordered a fuel filter (PENTIUS PFB55354) for a 2000 Lexus LX470 to replace original (23300-50110) with 130K miles. Unfortunately I've encountered several issues about this specific filter that prompts me to warn others:
1) Filter arrived with curved the metal outlet looking a little haggard at the end of the tube. Had to use a drill to "clean-out" the inside buggered end, and then a file to smooth to accept the factory rubber hose. My guess is Seller cut off the ribbed end with a hacksaw to correct and didn't deburr accordingly.
2) The metal outlet tube itself is shorter than the factory original (see my photo comparing both black original to the zinc plated Pentius). When you reinstall the factory green clip to secure the rubber fuel line, the reduced tube length results in a questionable connection.
3) The white plastic C clip that is reused and attaches to the metal bracket is not able to be installed in the same factory position. Design is to have the C facing up; this is the best for support of the outlet fuel hose. With the Pentius filter, the bracket only allows that C clip to face downward.
I won't consider the Pentius brand for my LX470 (same as Land Cruiser) a second time.

IMG_9486.JPG

Pentius Fuel Filter.jpg

Just picked up a new OEM fuel filter and green clip for $39.19 delivered through Bell Lexus in Scottsdale. They always have great prices and if you email them on expensive items, they'll go even lower.

Filter.jpg

Last edited:
Just did mine as a part of the continuing base lining.....looks like it may have been done at some point, but I didn't know if or when. Came out with ease, went in with ease, and recorded the date and miles on the filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom