How long do you wait for your dipstick reading 1FZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I usually check it when I am refueling, so maybe 2-3 minutes.

About long enough to fill it with gas.
Pull in, start filling. When it's full, pop the hood and check it. Pull it out, wipe it off, reinsert and pull again to check.
Make sure you look at both sides, as sometimes it will read higher on one side. I usually use the highest side unless it's obvious that it has been smeared inside the tube.

Doesn't anything about duration before checking. But if you are getting gas, like BILT mentions, then the oil is hot and flows easily. Won't take much time to make it back down into the pan.

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 6.52.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 6.52.45 PM.png

I wait overnight. Seems there is less oil interfering from the side of dipstick tube to throw the reading off.

I'd just like to add that the flat dipstick style sucks compared to the steel rope type. That's all.

My 93 has the steel rope

It seems like it takes forever to get an accurate reading. I've tried overnight, 3,4,5,6 minutes etc. It just looks like there's always oil up the dipstick. I guess occasionally I get get a good reading.

Superseded to the flat bastard. I have a "steel rope" variant that I would consider trading a nice Browning Highpower for.....:)

You mean one of those Designed by the Mormon, Owned by Winchester, Made in Japan (Miroku=Citori) & Belgium (Salt Stocks :eek:).

Belgium made please.....:)

I open the hood, pull the stick and lay it on the radiator crossmember and leave the hood up while I gas and such. Helps the dipstick tube drain for a good reading on the next plunge. Only downside is at gas stops I have to keep the crowds away from wanting a glimpse of the mighty 1FZ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom