how can I tell if water pump changed when timing belt service? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
About to purchase a 2006 LC, timing belt service is listed on Toyota owner site from the dealer. Should I ask my local dealer to pull the full repair order to make sure water pump was replaced? Or can I visually inspect the pump easily to tell age?

IMG_8979.PNG

Yes, see if they can tell you what items were replaced/inspected. Often times the pulleys and tensioner are replaced along with the timing belt BUT the water pump is anyone's guess. To me...it makes no sense not to replace it while you are that far into the front of the engine, but some places do not, or the customer declines the recommendation.

Seems like the PO said yes to everything including "headlight restoration "

So no idea if the toyota dealer would have more in depth records on the repair as opposed to the abbreviated versions we see on the owners site?

Check around the WP gasket or sealant to see it it's new or been there with the rest of the engine since day 1.

One quick check you can do is to look at the coolant hoses that go into the water pump. Many times the original hoses are reused and the clamp position is different from the original position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom