Hood scoops (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
I don't know why, but I'm curious in seeing 80s with hood scoops because I think it would be neat to have. I don't really think I need anything for additional cooling, but you never know.

So. Post pictures of your 80s with hood scoops. And let me know how hard/easy they were to do.

A lot of info and pics have been posted in the past. Have you tried search:flipoff2:

I did, I just don't like searching through hundreds of pages of topics that are mostly not what I'm looking for. And I'm sure people have changed/gotten them since those topics were posted.

I have been planning on putting aSubaru hood scoop on. It's wider and more open than that one. I want it for the supercharger to help cool it down a bit. My normal body guy is out ill for a while and I just have procrastanated in finding someone else to do it.

yikes romer, that scoop is way tall and huge... what about louvres- I remember somone did a louvred hood...(guy w/ a watercraft or jetski avatar?) it looked great. I would do louvres or something like the Mercedes- recessed, not sticking out.

yikes romer, that scoop is way tall and huge... what about louvres- I remember somone did a louvred hood...(guy w/ a watercraft or jetski avatar?) it looked great. I would do louvres or something like the Mercedes- recessed, not sticking out.

I like the Subaru scoop. That pic in this thread isn't it. There are probably several of them. We laid it on top of the hood and I liked it. It seemed to fit right were I needed it over the SC. Onl;y problem is some welding will be required as thats were the hood supports run.

Older Nissan 300Z's had a great low-profile scoop that didn't require any welding. IIRC it had 4 studs that went through the hood and a gasket to make it look pretty. The hole didn't have to be too large either for it to work. I used them on all of the turbo Samurai conversions I did a few years ago. $.02
highfront.jpg
200zr_hood_scoop_full.jpg

romers' scoop

I have been planning on putting aSubaru hood scoop on. It's wider and more open than that one. I want it for the supercharger to help cool it down a bit. My normal body guy is out ill for a while and I just have procrastanated in finding someone else to do it.

would love to see some pics when ur done...and info

Hee hee. wouldn't that hood protector kinda decrease flow into that scoop anyway? Does it function or is it just fa shaw.

LX What is that apparatus you have up by the wipers?

Karl

I'll be curious to see that when your done Romer.

LX What is that apparatus you have up by the wipers?

Karl

Whatever it is, it looks a little ridiculous ... that may or may not be LX's rig ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom